1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative Remote Idea

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Alaric, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Hi there,

Now i may be going off in completely the wrong direction here, or re-inventing the wheel maybe....But most of my HTPC usage and hifi usage has been with a remote....typicaly lots of remotes, or just the pronto and an extra one or two...

Anyway. In my new HT room, i'm going to have the kit rack outside the room which means i'm going to have to use some form of ir repeater, along with remote/remotes.

However I can't say i'm that impressed with most of the remotes i've seen. Some are ok for indervidual items, but even the pronto/neo etc have thier niggles....particularly when it comes to interacting with a PC and being two way.

However things like the Pocket PC (AXIM) thread and 'Tablet' PC's have got me thinking....why not ditch the IR side and use wifi...No directional problems, direct interfacing with the pc....ie a virtual desktop on a palm based item with DVD Lobby or something flash....tonnes of anims, or raw power, as customisable as a PC is....then use something from the PC to interface, typicaly IR with the other components (Amp/Lights/PJ etc). I guess a poor mans creston/AMX ???

Has this been done ????

Cya,
    Lee (fed up of crap ir control of PC's etc)

2. embees

embees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can get pocket terminal services/pc anywhere

3. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: