1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

alternative remote for denon 3803

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by chrisgeary, Aug 22, 2003.

1. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    i used to have a yamaha a3090, its remote would learn anything anywhere, thus i could have the basic functions of all my HT components on one panel. denon's remote will learn anything provided you learn it in the right place. so if i want to switch on the amp, dvd player, play the movie, press enter on the menu, dim the lights and up the volume, i have to change remote mode about three times.

what i am looking for is a learning remote that is capable of learning the basic functions of the each component that doesnt cost the earth. can anyone recommend such a thing?

cheers

Chris

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    It all depends on what you define 'doesn't cost the earth'.
    I've just spent £650 on RC9200 :eek: and that is 'the earth' :D , but well worth the money IMHO.
    The Pronto can now be bought for around £99 from Richer Sounds. This can be programmed exactly as required.

Mark.

3. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    yeah thats not the kinda money i was thinking of :D
    the pronto.. there isnt much info on richer sounds website.. looks to me like you can only get a few 'buttons' on the screen at any one time. the cambridge audio m1 looks interesting, does anyone know if the display is completely configurable or if those icons and their positions are preset?

basically i wanna be able to turn all my kit on and off (not necessarily via macros), have a number panel for freeview, channel selector, buttons to get to the dvd menu, press enter and navigate, master volume, a couple of effects modes, two for dimming lights and thats about it. i reckon i could live with a panel of 30 buttons minimum, 40 ideally.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Go to www.remotecentral.com and have a look at the details on the pronto there.
    You might also be able to download the files for your devices, so no need to spend too much time programming.

Mark.

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
  6. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    thanks for that! looks like its going for £150 at richersounds.. think i will have to go take a look at it.. =)

btw.. ive never used a touch screen remote.. whats the general concensus on screens v. buttons in terms of knowing that you have pressed the button rather than gently nudging a screen and not being totally sure that you issued the command?

7. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It beeps..... so you know.....

personally i prefer hard buttons so got shot of my pronto

Ad

8. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    what did you go for instead?

9. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Yep, it beeps & the TV changes channel :devil: :D and as mine is full colour I have also set the buttons to change colour when activated. Simple. :cool: . The screens are all backlit so it is easy to use in a dark room.
    It doesn't take long to get used to. Most of the time I don't even look at the remote when useing the most common controls.

Mark.