Alternative Headphones for IPOD

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bigtired, Feb 6, 2005.

Tags:
  1. bigtired

bigtired
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Help please!

I find the that the 'in the ear' headphone are uncomfortable for me. I prefer the headphones that you can hook behind the ears and then snap the ear piece in place - hopes this makes sense! Could anyone give me advice regarding the best brand to get for an IPOD - I need to get it tomorrow because I am away on holiday Tues.

Any help appreciated.

Justin

Sorry folks - I know there is a previous thread on this but I need to source headphones from a high street store, and not online.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,623
    I use the Sennheiser PX200 with my Ipod see here
    They are the closed back version whereas the px100 are the open ones. I find these much better as I can never get on with the in ear ones. They fold up into a case just a bit bigger than a sunglasses case.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
  4. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    I concur with John - I use PX200s at work with my Iriver every day- and they are superb.

I bought my parents some PX100s - and compared the 2 -the PX100s had slightly better bass response BUT one of the things I really like on the PX200s is that because they are closed back - they block out a lot of ambient noise, which means that I can listen to my music quite a bit quieter (but sounds just as loud to me - if you understand what I mean) - which in turn allows longer listening with no discomfort.

Mark.