• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Alternative banana plugs

mr.black79

Established Member
I’ll soon be upgrading to a separate system and will need some banana plugs. In the past I’ve used Fisual banana plugs with my hifi.

Fisual Easy Fix Banana Plugs - 4 Pack - Banana Plugs, Spades and Pins - Audiovisual Online - High Quality Audio Video Cables and Accessories

As they did the job with a secure connection I would be ordering some more but can only find these

Fisual Easy Fix BFA Camcon Plugs - 4 Pack - Banana Plugs, Spades and Pins - Audiovisual Online - High Quality Audio Video Cables and Accessories

It looks like the tapered 4mm plugs (1st link) are not available anymore. Being new to separate systems I’ve not heard of the bfa camcon plugs (2nd link). In the listing it says they would work as standard 4mm plugs but I’m not sure, without a tapered profile they may not fit snug.

Can anyone recommend these instead?

Ixos 206 4mm Gold Plated Banana Plugs - 4 Pack - Banana Plugs, Spades and Pins - Audiovisual Online - High Quality Audio Video Cables and Accessories

They look the same as I’ve had before, although there’s only mention of one clamping screw

AV COM

Prominent Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hi Mr Black,

Our Fisual Banana plugs have been extremely popular and we're currently awaiting new stock which should arrive in the next few weeks.

The Ixos 206 plugs are almost identical to our own brand and do feature dual clamping screws, so they'd be an ideal alternative product if you need these soon.

Our BFA plugs are primarily designed for equipment that features a BFA connector on the rear, and their design allows them to fit in standard 4mm banana sockets. They do have a very tight fit when used this way, and may not insert all the way on all equipment. They can also be used as a female banana socket to create a speaker cable "extension", with a male banana plug on the other end of the cable.

Hope that helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom