Alternative 3/The Greatest One Yet, Yet Forgotten

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,869
    Does anyone remember this documentary which was a brilliant April Fools gag?
    From what I remember it was a documentary that was shown on ITV for an hour and was screened between 20.00 and 22.00. from what I remember it started out as some interviews with people sighting UFO’s then things started to get sinister with talks of government cover ups and a revelation from a respected source that they had found life on Mars and was keeping quiet about it.
    One of the things that gave it away for me was I spotted the actor Shane Rimmer as one of the Americans who was not playing himself ie it was a role for him.
    They did it very seriously and never let on it was an April Fool gag. I knew someone who was ****ing himself because he thought we were going to be invaded from space.
    To this day I have never heard of it mentioned or seen it on TV when talking about classic April Fool gags.
    For more info on this go to http://us.imdb.com/Title?0075664#comment