altering gain in Arcam amps

vistisen

Established Member
Reaction score
I have after many years upgraded from my trusty A&R Cambridge C200/SA200 to an FMJA22. It was worth it, almost everything is better although I suspect that the SA200 might just have a bit more base control. This got me thinking why not bi-amp using the integrated amp to do the treble and midrange (with the vast improvement in depth and clarity that the FMJ A22 has) and use my old SA200 to do the bass. The only problem with this idea is that the two amps have differing gains. The SA200 has a gain of 29db and the FMJ A22 has a gain of 31 db. So any ideas?

Hi,

On the back of the A22 you will find a little button labeled gain. If you push this in it will change the gain of the A22 to 28dB. This may be close enough for you to be happy with the sound especially if you want a little more bass.

Regards,
Andrew

Thanks for your advice. I tried it and it works a treat. Bi-amping makes a vast difference. One day I'll have to get a P25 :zonked:

ANDY_DUTTON said:
Hi,

On the back of the A22 you will find a little button labeled gain. If you push this in it will change the gain of the A22 to 28dB. This may be close enough for you to be happy with the sound especially if you want a little more bass.

Regards,
Andrew

Andy,
Do you know how to change the amp 6/7 gain of the AVR300?
It would be nice to set it a few dB lower or higher as is possible in most other receivers where you use a link cable tyo asccomplish biamping.
Barend

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom