1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alsy

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by alsy, Dec 28, 2004.

1. alsy

alsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just Decided To Venture Into The Scary Relms Of Buying My First Plasma Tv. Only Got A Limited Budget, But Have Seen The New Lg In Our Local Currys (rz42px11). Its Up For £1699 But Its On Their Website For £1499. Does Anyone Know If The Shop Will Match Their Price On Their Website. I've Also Seen The Same Model 4 Sale On The Web At Prc Direct For £1365, But They Don,t Do Interest Free Credit Which Currys Will. After All The Kids Have Bled Me Dry Over The Festive Period, But Will Currys Price Match A Website Price. Also Does Anyone Have Any Comments On The Mentioned Plasma.

Cheers

2. naaz

naaz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try asking them for a price match as a lot of companies do price match.
    If you fail also try Miller Brothers as I think they do price match or Powerhouse.

As for the comments on the plasma, a lot of people have complained about something called solerisation which I think means that when the faces are close up a lot of dots are visible on the face. There is a very comprehensive topic going on the particular plasma and if you follow this link http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138556&highlight=lg+rz42px11

I am sure all your questions will be answered.

I do have one of these and I am reasonably satisfied but it takes getting used to it and after a while you tend not to notice the solerization.

I hope this has helped.

Nazir

3. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,336
    I asked Currys to price match their website with a 32" Hitachi Plasma a few weeks ago and they didn't want to know. I had my credit card in my hand telling them I wanted to do the deal there and then but they wouldn't budge.

Tried to get me to buy the extenede warrantly then they would see what they could do.

They were also practically saying that it wouldn't be wise to purchase from their website for such things as a Plasma.... :boring:

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Don't forget that if they do a discount if you buy the extended warranty, you could then cancel it during the 'cooling off period', have the money refunded (that bit might be tricky) and go on your way rejoicing, so to speak.

5. alsy

alsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Currys Store Would'nt Even Price Match Their Own Price On Their Website, Or Get Anywhere Near. Thats Why They'll Be Trying To Put People Off Buying From Their Website Cos Its £300 Cheaper Than The Ones Instore!!

6. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I wouldn't touch Currys with a barge pole as their prices are usually hyper-inflated to cover their overheads and their customer service is pants (and I've been burned by them on a few occasions previously).

But if you do decide to go with them (and many do), why should ordering from their website be a problem? Presumably the plasma will be delivered to you in exactly the same way, i.e. by Currys courier - the only difference is you won't have to listen to their annoying Extended Warranty scare-tactic sales hype bullsh*t ...

Good job I'm not a cynic, innit? :laugh: