Also Japan 2018

Thumpermawer

It's taken me a while to sort through and process pics from recent trip to Japan, but here for your viewing pleasure (possibly!) are a few of my favs, with more on Flickr.

Blossoms in Sapporo by Thumpermawer, on Flickr

We managed to time our trip to coincide with the blossom in northern Japan, and can confirm that Sapporo was beautiful.

untitled (1 of 1).jpg by Thumpermawer, on Flickr

While in Sapporo we took advantage of visiting the Nikka Bar, which has various bottles not available anywhere else. It wasn't cheap, but I would strongly recommended whisky lovers make a visit.

Mount Moiwa by Thumpermawer, on Flickr

Mount Moiwa in on the edge of Sapporo, and the ropeway to the summit makes it very accessible. We timed it for sunset and just soaked in the views.

Bamboo Forest by Thumpermawer, on Flickr

In Tokyo visitors have access to large parts of the Imperial Palace gardens, including Japanese, French and English gardens as well as a bamboo forrest where this picture was taken.

Zojoji Temple and Tokyo Tower by Thumpermawer, on Flickr

We weren't able to visit this temple on our last visit but managed to stop by during dusk / blue hour when there was hardly a soul around - a very unusual experience in Tokyo! Was left with the feeling that somewhere like this would have been under lock and key after hours in the UK.

Porsche Cayman, Tokyo by Thumpermawer, on Flickr

I was hunting for pictures of ubiquitous crown taxi's for this shot when a black Porsche swept by and pleased with the result.

Strategy, Shinjuku by Thumpermawer, on Flickr

Waiting at the lights in Shinjuku (everyone waits at the lights, even at 3am with no traffic in sight!) when this salaryman pushed to the front, and when I saw the bike coming I was able to grab this. I wish I had used a slightly quicker shutter as the bike isn't as prominent as I'd like, but like the shot otherwise.

Melon Pan (sweet bread), Mount Fuji 5th Station by Thumpermawer, on Flickr

In Asakusa one of the most popular treats is an oval shaped sweet bread called Melon Pan. On our trip to the 5th station on Mount Fuji, we stopped by the bakery where they made a version that resembled little mount Fuji's, with bitter chocolate and sweet icing sugar. Very tasty!

City Lights, Tokyo by Thumpermawer, on Flickr

There are lot's of viewing platforms in Tokyo, and you can pay through the nose for some (about £30 for Mori Towers 54th floor :eek:), but there are a few free ones, including at the top of the Government Metropolitan Building, which has nearly 360 degree views over the city.

Thanks for looking! There are about 30 pics in the flickr album if you are interested. Tokyo 2018

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom