Alps Electric TouchPad Software Required.

majnu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So I bought the Acer Ferrari and all is working well. However the awkward shaped touchpad makes using gestures absolutely awful, most of the time it does not work snappy enough or when I am attempting to scroll it will zoom instead. :thumbsdow

My trackpad seems to be oily, is there any type of solution/wipe which I can use to clean it? COuld that be the problem.

My driver version is:7.105.2011.105
Date:19/05/2009
Provider: Alps

I was searching the net for software which would allow customisation and to turn off/modify the gestures. I stumbled accross a Dell one but this made the trackpad laggy and slighty worse than the Alps one. However the GUI was almost spot on. Is there a way I can use the Dell GUI?

Pic below:
Dell_TouchPad_GUI.png

from reading around, it appears that the touchpad and accompanying software simply is a tad pants, from my own experience of netbooks, the gestures are nice and helpful but they were never executed well, so I don't think you're alone, not sure about the 'oily' thing though. Is it really really smooth or is it really 'oily'?

from reading around, it appears that the touchpad and accompanying software simply is a tad pants, from my own experience of netbooks, the gestures are nice and helpful but they were never executed well, so I don't think you're alone, not sure about the 'oily' thing though. Is it really really smooth or is it really 'oily'?

If it was oily then it would be smooth :confused: ;)

But the trackpad is terrible, I had a hp compaq 6910p before this and that was fine and responsive to my finger commands. I really think that trackpads made by Alps Electric are rubbish, the synaptics one on my previous laptop worked great.

If it was oily then it would be smooth :confused: ;)

lol, I meant, by oily do you mean its weirdly smooth if that makes any sense but still you do get smooth touchpads

still, it seems that this model was just sold with a touchpad which simply isn't great

lol, I meant, by oily do you mean its weirdly smooth if that makes any sense but still you do get smooth touchpads

still, it seems that this model was just sold with a touchpad which simply isn't great

Alll I can describe it as is that it is not as responsive to finger commands. The surface of it has what can be described as oily residue from fingers which I would like to remove.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom