Alpine NVD Z002

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Gazpilot, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone updated to this software version. If so are there any improvements over the earlier maps as I'm just about to order it.

2. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guy's well the disc arrived today and has a few new features.

1. 3D map view

2. Lane direction at junctions (with map view)

Seems a little quicker and more user friendly.

3. cjdshaw

cjdshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This page:
    http://www.geo24.de/article/articlestatic/157/1/4/
    http://translate.google.com/transla...//www.geo24.de/article/articlestatic/157/1/4/
    seems to indicate that it's constantly searching for better routes. Have you noticed this? I have the Z001 and am sometimes surprised by the slow routes it suggests to me. Forcing it to take a route I know by adding a via can sometimes drastically cut the estimated journey time. It particularly seems to prefer going through a town center to taking the bypass.

Also, have they added an altimeter? I was doing some mountain driving this year and would have loved to know how high I was

4. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only time the route search seems to be active is when I have it set to auto on the TMC menu or if I ask to go via a petrol station or the like. Have you set your road preferences?

The 3D view is great and gives much more situational awareness.

I haven't noticed an altimeter, perhaps it may be on the GPS status page, I'll check tomorrow.

5. analyt

analyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gazpilot, have u fitted the Bosch aerial as yet, if so are u pleased with the difference?

I have a new problem now, and would appreciate your comments.

I am contemplating the new "open sky sunroof "on the Audi A3 Sportback, this is a new idea and gives you two sunroofs ie one in front and one in rear, its quite a peculiar set up, and although i will have air conditioning, I have always enjoyed the extra light a sun roof gives......

My problem is I totally took on board your comments re external aerial, and l will be having a TV Tuner, be it analogue or digital, this open sky sunroof is glass from front to back with nowhere to fit a roof aerial.

It has been suggested that l have a glass mounted aerial on the rear window internally for the TV what do you think? Is there any where else l could have it mounted externally?

Sunroof is heat reflective ie has metal in its make up, l will be having factory fit privacy glass which apparently has no metal infused.

Thanks for all the links l have found them so useful.

6. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry it took so long but missed this post :oops: , the Bosch can be mounted on the rear panels and comes with 2 rubber mounting plates to overcome the extra curve.

The signal reception is much better but I'm still interested in the amplifier some guy's found on Ebay as i still get breakup, this may juys be the cheap box I brought and as Alpine have just released one I may well change it..