Alpine CDE114BTi

tonysee

Standard Member
HI guys, new to this forum, so please humour me whilst I learn the ropes.

I have just had a 114bti fitted to my Honda S2000, and all of the functions except one are working just fine.

I am using an HTC HD2 smart phone.

All of the audio bits, including accessing and controlling my Ipod are great. Good control, better sound from the Radio and CDs even without changing the standard speakers - A result

BUT one of my key reasons for choosing the 114bti is the hands free phone function.

I have paired and sync'd the phone [HTC HD2] and phone book and call register are all ok, I can select and make a call from the H/U. BUT incoming calls are directed straight to my voice mail. The H/U presents a screen wide list of --------------------------------------- like this as the call is diverted.

I have checked and double checked all of the phone and H/U settings and cannot find anything wrong.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Has anyone got a suggestion on fixing the problem? I am thinking that perhaps I might have a duff H/U, but want to be sure of this before I go back to the installer

Sorry for such a long and painful first thread, but I am really, really frustrated after two days of fiddling and adjusting and trying.

cheers Tony C

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Pioneer have this feature,

Disable the auto answer and make sure the answer "all calls" is on.

tonysee

Standard Member
No probs with turning off auto answer, tried this and it makes no difference. Alpine don't have a question setting for answer all calls - is this a pioneer thing?

Ayub

Distinguished Member
No probs with turning off auto answer, tried this and it makes no difference. Alpine don't have a question setting for answer all calls - is this a pioneer thing?
Yep, try switching phone off and on.

tonysee

Standard Member
I can confirm that I have sorted this problem out.

For anyone else buying an Alpine H/U, I suggest you check the version of the firm ware installed. Alpine say there are three variants, 320, 360, 380.

I had 320, which was a very old build. I have upgraded the firm ware to 360 and now the device and the H/U are working properly.

An important hint if you try to upgrade your firm ware is DON'T TRY AND SKIP A VERSION, GO UP ONLY ONE VERSION AT A TIME!

I spent too many hours wrestling with failed attempts to upgrade, trying to move from 320 directly to 380. I can't find and could not get any advice or support to help with this piece of the upgrade.

hope this helps others.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom