Alpine CDE-104BTi - anyone have this HU?

rude1978

Standard Member
I was wondering how this unit is for the bluetooth side of things. When you get in the car does it automaticaly pair with your phone? How good is the microphone?

and the ipod side of things? anygood?

Many thanks.

xavster

I've got one

Bluetooth pairs automatically - very good.

iPod is excellent.

Complaints - you can't asign speed dial numbers to the numbered buttons on the fascia - have to go through phone book, which is quick enough.

Not as much flexibility in terms of eq etc as my old Pioneer HU. Still makes a good sound though.

good price on caraudiodirect

rude1978

Standard Member
One last thing, When the ipod is connected via the back of the HU, Will it be full speed and is the cable included for this?

Thanks.

Reason4HipHop

I have this head unit, very good unit.

Pairs straight away with my iPhone 3g via bluetooth, almost instant pairing, syncs with the phonebook aswell and iv had no complaints on the quality of the call when using it.

On the iPod side the connection is on the back of the unit, is full speed and again works a treat. I have my cable going into my glovebox and use 120gb iPod classic with it, charges the new ipods and the iphone 3g. A little delay when skipping track, but no more than when skipping track on the ipod. Think it will be quicker with a flash based ipod.

Haven tried the front line in or usb port yet.

One problem i am having is that the unit is drawing power from my battery even with the front panel off and the ipod disconnected, which has left me with a dead battery. Need to get this sorted out quick.

xavster

Let me know how you get on Reason4hiphop.....
I've noticed that my phone stays connected when I'm in house, when the fascia is removed.

I might try switching it off before I remove the fascia.

Not had flat battery problems though.

Another slight issue is that I can't change the colour of the buttons etc. Ipod is full-speed and the cable is included.

Reason4HipHop

Had another look at this today, the bluetooth on the unit is on constantly, even with the fascia off i was able to pair my iphone.

Iv tried swapping the red ignition cable with the yellow battery cable to see if that helps but the bt is still on constantly.

Iv also noticed the ipod cable will charge an ipod with the ignition off and the facia removed, no ideas what is causing this like

martUK

Had another look at this today, the bluetooth on the unit is on constantly, even with the fascia off i was able to pair my iphone.

Iv tried swapping the red ignition cable with the yellow battery cable to see if that helps but the bt is still on constantly.

Iv also noticed the ipod cable will charge an ipod with the ignition off and the facia removed, no ideas what is causing this like

Does the unit turn on and off with the ignition?

Reason4HipHop

Right got this sorted

I needed to take a feed from my ignition to make the unit shut off completely when the ignition is off.

Sofar so good, the unit remembers my settings and no longer drains the battery.

Only downer is that i need to have the engine on to have the radio on, no biggy, better than a flat battery

Ended up taking to Audiosounds in Newcastle to get sorted. Think it was more my car than the head unit.

Dino

Standard Member
Alpine CDE-104BTi, RDS Radio, CD, Bluetooth, Ipod and aux usb player. Firstly can I say what a great player this is. The player is a single din size unit,display can be switched between blue or green. Firstly, the analogue radio functions, with all usual RDS features, reception crystal clear. Stations auto scan and save with all Alpine's usual techniques. CD player plays all cd's well. Punchy sound delivery as usual for Alpine. Bluetooth settings pair with fone easily and then within seconds of the player/ignition being turned on, sound mutes all playing modes, with no problems, with clear voice via the vehicles speakers, receiving fone sound clear with the enclosed mic. My Ipod touch 32gb needed to be turned off and on again for the player to access my tunes, but once it connected the first time it connects all the time. Ipod search is fast to access my songs. You can search artist, album or song via the front buttons and display on the player and displays a choice of artist, album or song whilst playing, Sound is brilliant, no sense that you are listening to mp3's and not actual cd.
Using my vehicles supplied speakers the player also sounds great, adjustable bass and treble seems good, an upgrade to the original speakers would probably be better, but I am glad I tried it with my originals, because I am happy not to have to pay for any extras. Contrary to the contradiction in the info for this player the BTi version of this player does come with an Ipod lead included, so you do not need to buy and futher leads.
All in all I would give this player 10/10. a true winner and anyone who buys it will, I'm sure be very happy with their choice.
Hopes this helps in some way to help others.

J

jsb1102

Just wondering if this unit will work with the iPhone 3g both via bluetooth (for handsfree) and hooked up via the iPod cable for the music .. at the same time?

My worry is that if its connected to my iPhone in 'ipod mode' that it wont also be connected via bluetooth handsfree and work as a phone?

Of course i could be totally wrong about this, anyone have one and tried it/used it like this.

Thanks

Extreme_Legend

Standard Member
*New Member*

Probably old news to you all, but i have recently installed a Apline CDE-103BT head unit to my car. It is really worth checking out.

It is awesome, the built in Parrot technology is really good. Clients remark on how clear the sound is. Some don't even notice im in the car!

Not the easiest to navigate through the phone book, but hey it not just a blue tooth phone kit.

The USB port remembers which track it was playing, after you have ended a phone call even if the engine is switched off! It reads my 40g portable drive extremely quickly too. (I use a hyper drive 8g flash drive most of the time) The sound is very very good, Alpine amp and new speakers and tweeters all round and knocks the pants off the old BMW Harman Kardon upgrade. Compatible with all the Ipods including the Iphone. I use a Blackberry Bold, the unit picks up the connection in seconds, if the unit is switched off it automatically turns on to take the call.

Last edited:

xavster

Alpine CDE-104BTi, RDS Radio, CD, Bluetooth, Ipod and aux usb player. Firstly can I say what a great player this is. The player is a single din size unit,display can be switched between blue or green.

How do you switch the display to green?!?

Extreme_Legend

Standard Member
I found it completely by accident, as it is not in the instruction manual, by searching through the options. On my model I can choose form 4 colours.

Sorry but I can't remember how I found the settings.

A

andyjs21

Hi there.

Has anyone installed this unit in a Ford Focus pre 07 reg? I have removed the existing car stereo but the two speaker and power cables do not match the cables coming from the Alpine unit.

Am I just being stupid or has someone else had this problem? Also where did you take the ipod lead to? There are no holes in the glove box so did you drill a hole?

Thanks

mr starface

Fitted this into my MR2 at the weekend (not easy)!

Impressed but have a question regarding the bluetooth and microphone. I have paired my iphone with the Alpine and can make calls fine and hear them through the car speakers.

However I thought the head unit had a microphone built in but this does not appear to be the case as nobody can hear me when I make a call? I saw a seperate microphone does come in the package so maybe I was wrong?

Shame as means I have 2 cables to try and hide then!

Also the aerial connection seemed odd, it did not match the one my existing alpine unit had and does not appear to connect to the car. Did anyone else need some sort of adaptor?

Thanks for any help:thumbsup:

Fontie

You will have to use the separate mic the 104bti has no built in mic

The aerial connection on the back of the 104 is the new iso type, you can get an adaptor from Maplins or Halfords for a couple of ££

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution