1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpine CDA9811R - Advice?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by kelvin, Nov 13, 2003.

1. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Details here (about half way down)

I'm looking to upgrade the head unit in my car, and have set myself a budget of around about £200.

Looking around, the Alpine units seem very highly regarded, and the above model seems to be within my price range (purchasing online at least ;)) Does anyone on here have any experience with Alpine kit? Can anyone comment on the spec of the 9811?

I should probably make it clear at this point, that sound quality is my main priority. I'm not overly fussed on flashy lights and gadgets, but something that looks good would of course be an added bonus ;)

On the subject of price, I've seen the 9811 for £206. Anyone know of anywhere that I'd be likely to get it cheaper?

Finally, I noticed that the 9811 has a built in DAB tuner. Will this be of any use to me with a standard aerial, or will I need to buy extras to make use of this feature?

Sorry for all the questions... :blush:

K.

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Just answered my own question on this bit... :blush:

It seems that you do - the head unit is only "compatible", it doesn't have it's own internal receiver :(

Never mind... Any opinions still gratefully received!

K.

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    kelvin, I don't know if this is of interest to you, http://www.bluespot.co.uk/offers/london.asp . I use a Blaupunkt hu and while i accept the looks may not be to everyones taste they perform well and it has a good spec.

4. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks for that Lynx :) I've read good things about the new Blaupunkt models actually... will look into that one :)

K.