1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpine + BMW wiring help

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by service, Mar 6, 2005.

1. service

service

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a 1995 BMW 325 convertable and I`m trying to fit an alpine head unit.... The previous head unit was connected to the car via a terminal block. I`ve got to a point were it`s working but after about 2-3 minutes the sound becomes distorted and then both front and rear right hand speakers go off and the left speakers only work...still distorted..

The Alpine unit uses a common earth connection for left front, left rear....and the same for the right hand speakers...

Does anyone know the correct wiring for this?

The speaker connections on the car are red+brown for each individual speaker....I`m right in assuming that brown is negative I hope...

Power from the car is via red, orange, brown and a green yellow
    Power on the Alpine is Red, yellow and black

I`d be really grateful if anyone could tell me how to sort this as I` can`t possible go without tunes for much longer...

Sorry if this is a bit long winded

2. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    I'm not familiar with the wiring on BMW's, but this might help, I used one on my last car.

Wiring Adaptor

You can also pick them up from Halfords if you have one nearby.

3. mhuk05

mhuk05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
  4. service

service

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Alpine is a 7516mm. The problem happens even when the unit is not fitted in the dash.... so it`s not temperature related....