Alpine 9854R - Steering Wheel Controls

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by tunnie, Aug 8, 2006.

1. tunnie

tunnie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just bought a Alpine CDA-9854R, first impressions are excellent. Good looking unit well made & brilliant sound.

Its described as being "Steering Wheel Control Ready" so i bought along with the headunit an "ALPINE-KWE-871E" with the Vauxhall Omega interface.

The above adaptor does not seam to connect to my loom, the extra white connector which is 8 pin & a female connection. This will not link the my Vauxhall Loom as its connector is also female.

The manual for the 9854R does not mention any option leads required, I can access the controls for the steering wheel on the headunit, ie " FF Source FF" but no matter what button i press on the wheel it does nothing.

So to sum up can anyone help me connect the 9854R to my steering wheel controls?

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9854R
    Car: 2000 Vauxhall Omega (facelifted model)

Many Thanks

Mark.T

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I just removed an Alpine 9831 from my Vauxhall Astra, due to getting a new car soon.

However, I won'r be re-fitting the Alpine so I will have 'spare' adaptor leads - one of which is labelled "KWE-971E".

I don't have a scooby what I'm actually looking at, so give me a few hours, I will take a photo of what I've got and see if it's any use to you. Be back later.