1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alphason Speaker Stands

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Vodder, May 17, 2004.

1. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is a long shot but does anyone recognise the model of the stands in this link?

http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129300

If so, anyone know how long ago they were stopped being made? Alphason tell me they are now discontinued and non in stock.

I have 2 - whihc is nice for the fronts, but I need 2 for the back and can't find them anywhere. Have tried ebay and the classifieds TNA. B&W advertise their 600 speakers with similar stands, but I have had an email off them saying they no longer make this design either!!

This is strating to drive me mad, as I really like the design adn would like to keep everything looking the same.

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is really sad but they are an Alphason Akros II 60 (It is important that there isn't a "D" after the number) There are still a few pairs doing the rounds I think I know the where abouts of a 45cm version though!
    They retailed at about £50-60 about 4 years ago, before that I think the model was released about two years before that!!

3. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bobbypunk - thats grand. Typical of me to get stands that I can't get hold of anymore!!

B&W are trying to locate some silver versions of they're official ones, however they still want £200 for the pair. Apparently they have loads left in black!

You say you can get hold of 2 45cm ones? Are they silver columns, if so how could I got about obtaining them?

Cheers,

Tim

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't know if i'm allowed to tell you cause I work there but maybe a moderator 'll let me know if it breaks rules. The poles are Gunmetal which is probably close enough to silver!

5. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sent you a pm