• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Alphason Racks and cooling

dts_boy

Prominent Member
Guys

I have bought and assembled my Alphason ABR1100 stand which is great but they really haven't thought about anyone who uses a surround amp or a decent 5 channel power amp have they?!
having slid my primare a30.5 into it, its so snug that i dare not switch it on in fear it will cook!
after a bit of digging i have come across the Antec A/V coolers so ordered a couple (1x power amp, 1x for Onkyo processor) but am wondering has anyone else tried anything similar?
I think i may need to cut more out of the back but is there another way to raise the glass shelves to give a little more breathing room?

R

Runer

Hi DTS,
I have a Denon 2809 housed my ABD1100 in addition to a Sammy Bluray, Iobox streamer, cablebox anda Denon internet radio streamer. On the account of the Denon being biggish I removed the middle compartment hence One side is only for the Denon amp while the other is for rest of the gear. The unit does get warmish but not more then average and I have't drilled any additional holes or got a fan. Works just fine.

dts_boy

Prominent Member
in the end whati did was take the back out completly, pre-amp and cable box on one side, power amp with an antec cooler and Denon Bluray on the other side. its a tight fit but works well.
In the middle is the xbox, all in all the rack has about as much kit as can be squeezed in but it works for me and the wife is happy!

royaltiger

Established Member
in the end whati did was take the back out completly, pre-amp and cable box on one side, power amp with an antec cooler and Denon Bluray on the other side. its a tight fit but works well.
In the middle is the xbox, all in all the rack has about as much kit as can be squeezed in but it works for me and the wife is happy!

I am having the same problem with pioneer amp it has no room to breathe, so how have you connected up the antic fan to your system, by this I mean the wires,

dts_boy

Prominent Member
well, all that i did was plug it in. on the front it has a 3 position switch - off, normal and high fan speed.
i am working on a way to try and automate this so when i switch on the system it switches on fan, turn system off turn off fan. the only way i can think of doing this is via a relay circuit but am not that clued up on electronics wiring so will be asking my friend (who is an elelctrician) nicely to knock something together for me!!!

royaltiger

Established Member
Sorry for sounding stupid but is the fan a 240 volt 3 pin plug and not a pc case fan

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom