Alphason AG54 Rack

Pieman1972

Standard Member
Reaction score
Seen these in JL and thought would be idea to host my Yamaha Amp.....(TV will have DVD/NTL/VCR underneath so probably not a lot of room!!!)

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_15698.html

JL's price is £85.00 but have seen a lot cheaper prices 60 quid (EmpireDirect/Unbeatable) or two shelf flavour for £84....

Main question is that seeing comments made about Alphason TV stands being quite expensive can anyone recommend a similar stand obviously capable of holding the Amp (9kg) and possibly a CD player......

Thanks in Advance.......

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 121
Thanks for the links guys.....the old imagination is running away - May have to have a little rethink/remeasure if I go floor mounted.....one advantage I see of the Alphason is it can be wall mounted (need to check the load though!)

Cheers

That one from Index looks good. How much weight do you think the shelves can hold? Do you think it will hold a denon 2803, dvd player and HTPC?

Steve

Would think so. :smashin:
Quite a bit of space to even out the load.
Glass is quite tough.
might not take a baby elephant though :p

Don't think I have enough equipment to weigh the same as a baby elephant!!! Although the Denon is quite a lump at 13kg!

Steve

Gazza said:
Looks good could be what I want, I'm looking for 2 shelves. I require it to be low ish, cause my LCD will be chest height with all the trailing wires hiding in the false wall.

I'm getting this delivered today - as a first order with the catalogue I'm also getting 15 quid off - delivery is free. I'll let u know my opinions on the build quality etc later.

:)

Gazza - I wouldn't bother with the Littlewoods one - their delivery reliability is poor - been told they don't know when I should expect delivery of this item.

Glad it is what you were looking for. Does the AV equipment look good in it. Doesn't look in the wrong place ( i.e. It looks like it is on a Coffee table? )

Have only got our stereo on the top shelf at the moment. Will put the amp and dvd player on it tonight and post a pic(is there a guide on how to upload a picture?)

To be honest, my main priority was to find a rack/glass shelving that fitted into the space without having to pay over the top for it. It doesn't look like a 'proper' AV rack like the Argos Sona one but I wanted a wider, lower rack.

BTW, you can also get it in clear glass for £10 more.

Cheers,

Steve

Pics would be good when you have all your av stuff on it. Uploading pics is straight forward :thumbsup:

Finally got mine from littlewoods - its actually a Kenmark. Looks nice - fits the look of my amp and speakers. Definitely a good choice if u only want 3 shelves.

stefmcd said:
Finally got mine from littlewoods - its actually a Kenmark. Looks nice - fits the look of my amp and speakers. Definitely a good choice if u only want 3 shelves.

Yip ordered mine on Tuesday, when you purchased yours did you get the £15 removed from your final Bill?
When I ordered mine they say "£15 off order over £25" so with it being £59.99 expected confirmation e-mail to say £44.95 as did the original info on the web site but my e-mail confirmation bill says the following :confused:

Sub Total
£ 59.99
Cashback
£ 0.00
Delivery
£ 0.00
Total Including Delivery
£ 59.99

By the way is the glass clear 0r frosted?

CRap this has been reduced by 30 quid since I ordered it. Nothing I 've been sent either in package or by email acknowledges the 15 quid discount. THey did say on the phone that it will happen automatically on their system as its a first order so let's see!
Glass is frosted btw.

Can anyone recommend / or have they fixed an AG54 to the wall ???

I asked Alphason and their response was "can't recommend what fixings to use as it depends on the wall" and "seek professional advice".

This answer is fair enough - however if anyone can share their experiences it would be appreciated..........

Cheers :smashin:

Its dead easy to stick it on the wall. Even a DIY nob like me was able to do it.

Im attaching two pics - ones an AG34 (single shelf) stuck on the wall and the other is an AG54 (double shelf) on the floor. Wall fixings are supplied but you may need to change the wall screws depending on what material you screw into. Only two screws are required.

If you plan on using an LCD with it another thing that Alphason do for the stands is an LCD mount - basically its a normal wall bracket that attaches directly to the stands column but allows tilt and horizontal movement - it cost me about £18 extra and the TV in the first pic is attached to the column using it. It can take TV's weighing upto 25kg and can be used as a normal wallmount as well.

Its amazing how poor Alphasons website is - it doesnt even mention the wall bracket feature and the fact that you can swap the CD shelving spaces for DVD ones at little extra cost.

Attachments

• DSC00832.JPG
    DSC00832.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00833.JPG
    DSC00833.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 130
Received Item yesterday. (see picture below)
Not bad quality for the price £44.99
May be a little big overall for me but I have been looking for ages and they all seem to be similar sizes.
Cheers stefmcd for recommendation. :thumbsup: :clap:

Will post final room layout pictures next week sometime.

Attachments

• tm739v18m.jpg
    tm739v18m.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 82
Gazza said:
Received Item yesterday. (see picture below)
Not bad quality for the price £44.99
May be a little big overall for me but I have been looking for ages and they all seem to be similar sizes.
Cheers stefmcd for recommendation. :thumbsup: :clap:

Will post final room layout pictures next week sometime.

You're welcome. I'm quite pleased and I paid 65 quid! I have nothing on the top shelf and it looks a bit daft - any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom