Alphabetical order songs with Sony HD3

M

mallen

I just got the new Sony NW-HD3 and Sonic Stage and I like it so far. The only problem I have is getting my Artists to be in alphabetical order. If I have an artist called "The Ramones" it will put it under the letter "T" and that's not good. So I went in and changed the letter to "R" and deleted it to read "Ramones". But when I transer it over to the Walkman it still lists it with "The" in the title. How can I change this?

In SonicStage, did you change both the album properties and the individual song properties?

I have found that you can change just the songs but miss out the album properties and this screws things up.

Does this help at all?

Ok now I have a new problem. I can't get the artists/Groups to be alphabitized. If I have Elvis Presley it will put it under "E". I have the group listed in the library as "P" but it doesn't matter when it transfers to the Player. Do I have to put it in as Presley, Elvis ? Sometime I want it to also list as Pink Floyd under "P"

mallen said:
Ok now I have a new problem. I can't get the artists/Groups to be alphabitized. If I have Elvis Presley it will put it under "E". I have the group listed in the library as "P" but it doesn't matter when it transfers to the Player. Do I have to put it in as Presley, Elvis ? Sometime I want it to also list as Pink Floyd under "P"

I think that the HD3 simply looks at each tracks properties and, when it is building the database after a transfer, matches up like and like, but not regarding the album grouping in Sonic Stage. The HD3 will find (say) 10 songs with Artist = Cracker, 10 with Album = Gentleman's Blues, 10 with Group = Gentleman's Blues, 10 with Genre = Alt. Rock. So if you select the album or group "Gentleman's Blues" it will happen to play all the songs with this album name. I have found that the Sonic Stage grouping is more or less an organising thing for on your PC. Indeed, I have made a compilation group and transferred that to my HD3 and, instead of sending a playlist across telling the unit where to find the tracks, all of the songs are copied over, regardless of whether they are already on the unit or not. Meaning that when you go to an album containing a song which exists in another group/playlist, the song appears duplicated for every group that is in because the album info for that track is still the same. This means that if you play that album you'll get that song and its copies played before it moves to the next track. So, to avoid this you'd have to alter the album properties for each compilation track to something unique for that group. I haven't tried this, I have just been using the bookmarking facility on the HD3 itself.

Any help?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom