• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Alpha (24 August 2018)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Alpha” (formerly known as “The Solutrean”), a survival epic about a young caveman struggling against the elements to find his way home.

Set 20,000 years ago during the last Ice Age, the film comes from director Albert Hughes, marking his first solo effort outside of directing as part of The Hughes Brothers (“The Book of Eli,” “From Hell”).

Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jóhannes Haukur Johannesson, Jens Hultén, Natasha Wilson,Marcin Kowalczyk, and Spencer Bogaert.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
How Man & Dog 'best friend' relationship started

cant see this doing too well at box office, though i like this genre. Will wait for the home release

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
The first trailer was better, it looked more like a kind of survival adventure.
The 2nd trailer looks much more Disney channel and that voice over just makes me think it's going to turn into an Honest Trailer any second :laugh:

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Imagine if Disney remade The Revenant but with worse actors and more CGI and that’s pretty much Alpha.
Passable, nothing more.
5/10

Foster

Distinguished Member
Jesus you are brutal xD

Foster

Distinguished Member
Imagine if Disney remade The Revenant but with worse actors and more CGI and that’s pretty much Alpha.
Passable, nothing more.
5/10

But unfortunately you are right..

bootyman81

Distinguished Member
Passable, nothing more.
5/10
Yeah true but the doggy scenes were cute :laugh:

Vish23996

Novice Member
Watched Alpha, it was good. Nothing more nothing less. I thought it would have been great if there were more scenes that could flesh out the relationship between man and his best friend. I loved the second half thousand times more than the first half. And the ending doesn't mesh up with the events that happened earlier in the movie.

Vish23996

Novice Member
What didn’t you understand about the ending ?
I understood everything, the ending did not fit with what happened earlier in the movie.
Nowhere it was shown the dog was pregnant. Suddenly on the end we see it's baby. Could have stuck the ending a little better.

Last edited by a moderator:

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
I understood everything, the ending did not fit with what happened earlier in the movie.
Nowhere it was shown the dog was pregnant. Suddenly on the end we see it's baby. Could have stuck the ending a little better.
Clearly you missed the bit
when she’s howling and the black wolf (hence the colour of the cubs) pays her a visit at the cave, she then runs off with him for a bit

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Just picked a digital copy up for £2.99 on Amazon. Wish I'd have read the feedback here first. :( Oh well...

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom