1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ALPHA 10 +10 p

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by andrew constant, Nov 8, 2003.

1. andrew constant

andrew constant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I own a alpha 10 + 10p connected to a marantz cd 17 with VDH speaker cable connectet to my acuistic energy ae1 sigs,and the bass is so soft i have had 2 pass the signal through my av amp to boost the bass.has anyone else found this problem ?

2. texasboy

texasboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    what i/c's are you using.

I have found VDH to be a flat to be honest if you have i/c's to match your speaker cable.

Chord or maybe Nordost would be a good alternative.
    I'm sure a dealer somewhere would have dem lengths somewhere.

I used to have a 10/10P/9CD when they first came out several years ago and used Nordost Blue Heaven throughout (inc speaker cable) and it was anything but soft, very dynamic sounding with being too hard on your ears over time.

Hope this helps.

3. pinkmouse

pinkmouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The AEs aren't the best speakers for bottom end, I used to run a pair as rears, and was never that happy with them. You could try stuffing the ports with foam or similar, that might tighten up the response of that little bass driver.

4. RaceTripper

RaceTripper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I added 3 Alpha amps (10 Int amp section, 10P/3, 9P) to my AVR300 and it improved the bass response of my system. It's now tighter, faster, and more detailed. Offhand, I would say your problem lies elsewhere.

Dean