1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost there......

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by WeirdFish, Oct 21, 2003.

1. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Well 7days after I started looking at buying a 36" crt tv to replace my perfectly adequate Philips 32" I've pretty much planned the installation of a projector & screen instead :D

Several late nights with tape measures and many projectorcentral calculations I think I have my final solution.

90% sure it'll be based around a Z1 and a 6ft wide 16:9 screen. Viewing distance of 10.5 - 11ft, depending on slouch :p .

Is that a viable viewing distance? I know its within ok using the 1.5 - 2 X opinion but can any Z1 owners with a similar set up confirm all is ok.

I want to try and demo as well but I'm trying to avoid being patronised by the sales staff of the stuck up places I'll need to deal with. Luckily this forum is far from patronising, thanks
    :smashin:

2. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 6'6" wide screen with viewing distance of about 11-12' and now and again I sit a tad closer - say 10'.

The only 'problem' is a touch of screen door which can be minimised by a slight defocus which blurs the pixels a tad but still keeps the picture sharp enough to watch.

I still see the pixelization effect now and again but it's not too bad and so I'm happy to accept it. I would prefer not to have it but I find other artifacts like from deinterlacing more annoying eg jaggies, shimmering, twitter and moire.

I've cured the deinterlacing artifacts for prerecorded dvd's by using an HCPC which also gives a noticably better picture.

I still get them from my DVD recorder which I also use to watch tv on the pj but I'm hoping to upgrade to a progressive scan one sometime soon.

Hope this helps,
    Cheers,
    Cal.

3. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Cheers

I'm considering the AE200 again at the mo :confused:

It doesnt help that i relocated a ceiling fan a month ago to suit the new room layout. Where is it? Slap bang in the middle of where the projector wants to go. Doh:(