Almost there - LGPC1DA Vs Hitachi 7200

WazKayani

Standard Member
After visiting a Panasonic store today, I fell in love with the TH42PX60 - really nice screen but 1500+ is way out of my budget.

Came home, read this forum, looked at various sites and came up with this...

LGPC1DA
Dixons £1167 (+3yrs Coverplan,+delivery,+5% Egg,+£50 off promo code).
E-Direct £1369 (+2ys Warranty, +delivery).

Hitachi 42PD7200
Dixons £1480 (+3 years Coverplan, + delivery)
E-Direct £1219 (+4 years free warranty)

So, on the basis of the above (Cheapest I could get a the TH42PX60 was around 1550 (Dixons), it looks like its going to be between the LGPC1DA from Dixons for 1167 or the 42PD700 for 1219 from EDirect.

I think I have done my maths right - the Coverplan is important...missus needs the piece of mind especially if spending £1000+.

What do you think - which one would top your list ?

T

torbruad

Have you tried to pricematch 42px60 at John Lewis, £1380 approx. with 5 years free warranty:thumbsup:

jamfortea

Novice Member
WazKayani said:
After visiting a Panasonic store today, I fell in love with the TH42PX60 - really nice screen but 1500+ is way out of my budget.

Came home, read this forum, looked at various sites and came up with this...

LGPC1DA
Dixons £1167 (+3yrs Coverplan,+delivery,+5% Egg,+£50 off promo code).
E-Direct £1369 (+2ys Warranty, +delivery).

Hitachi 42PD7200
Dixons £1480 (+3 years Coverplan, + delivery)
E-Direct £1219 (+4 years free warranty)

So, on the basis of the above (Cheapest I could get a the TH42PX60 was around 1550 (Dixons), it looks like its going to be between the LGPC1DA from Dixons for 1167 or the 42PD700 for 1219 from EDirect.

I think I have done my maths right - the Coverplan is important...missus needs the piece of mind especially if spending £1000+.

What do you think - which one would top your list ?
All are good plasmas, the Hitachi is an older model now but still good. All the plasmas you mention have their own threads and are worth reading. I have the 42pc1d (exactly the same as 42pc1da but it has black surround). In my opinion it is the best value plasma in your list. Please be carful with Dixons, their aftercare is not the best. Try a few more online stores for a better deal, Electrical Discount UK are good and their aftersales is excellent. Would work out about £1225 delivered, including 2 year extended warranty from them.

jamfortea

Novice Member
Malabbey said:
LG42PC1D only £1100 here

That's where I bought my one from but cost me £14 more at the time.
How is the customer service with savastore? I know aerostef had to return his first set like me, but iirc it was a slow and tedious process for him.