1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost Famous - some R2 info!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, May 15, 2002.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

I don't know if this is just me who's missed the announcements and publicity, but it seems that the superb "Almost Famous: Bootleg Edition" has been released onto UK R2 DVD! :)

Columbia Tristar have released this as: "Almost Famous: Untitled", and it's on an excellent double-DVD set, for an RRP of £24-99.

As far as I can tell, the R2 edition is identical to the US "Bootleg Edition" released a few months back, however there is one MAJOR difference. Both edits of the film have been given the DTS sound treatment, alongside DD 5.1 on both as well!

This surely has to be a plus, over the US version, which had the Director's Cut released only in DD5.1 if memory serves.

Anyway, if you haven't already got this excellent film, buy it now! At HMV stores, you can also do a "Buy One, Get One Free" on almost all Columbia Tristar DVD's, and several others as well.

Hence, for £24-99, you can get the "Almost Famous: Untitled" double-disc set, plus (amongst other doubles) "Gladiator", "O Brother, Where Art Thou", "Terminator 2", etc, etc.

Check out the following link, for more info:
    Almost Famous - DVD Comparison

So go and buy a DVD or two.... now! :D

Pooch

2. Ignatious

Ignatious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw this a while ago, except you cannot go and buy it anywhere, as it's an HMV exclusive (for now). It has DTs but has no cd soundtrack as with the R1.