Almost decided on a TV. Almost.

Stazbumpa

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, hope your day is being good to you.

To cut a long story short, I've looked at the guide on here and absorbed as much information as I think I'm capable of.
I'm after a panel for a bedroom as my girlfriend likes to watch a movie curled up in bed.
My finger is hovering over the trigger on a Philips 48oled806 as it appears to tick all the boxes and I've read a couple of good reviews, so my question is am I being stupid in dropping a grand on a TV for a bedroom and is there a better option for less money?
I've seen several threads and the general feeling I'm getting is that the lower spec'd panels aren't generally recommended.
Usage will be mostly Netflix/Amazon/Disney+/iPlayer et al, with regular TV as a secondary activity.
Any wisdom anyone can send my way would be greatly appreciated.

Its not stupid, its more stupid to buy a cheaper TV and have problems displaying HDR content. Netflix/Amazon and Disney all have HDR content, which you wouldn't want to display on a cheaper TV.

Good point, well presented.

I'll scan your guide one more time, but I think I'm pretty much sold on the Philips 806. I can't really go above 48-50 inches either due to space.

The guide is around a year old now so it doesn't include 2021 models like the OLED806 yet. The old model is in the guide though, the OLED805. I'm not sure I have the time this year to make a new guide, but the gist is always the same. All the OLEDs are sharing the same panel, so there's not a huge difference between all.

To cut a long story short, I've looked at the guide on here and absorbed as much information as I think I'm capable of.
I'm after a panel for a bedroom as my girlfriend likes to watch a movie curled up in bed.
My finger is hovering over the trigger on a Philips 48oled806 as it appears to tick all the boxes and I've read a couple of good reviews, so my question is am I being stupid in dropping a grand on a TV for a bedroom and is there a better option for less money?
I've seen several threads and the general feeling I'm getting is that the lower spec'd panels aren't generally recommended.
Usage will be mostly Netflix/Amazon/Disney+/iPlayer et al, with regular TV as a secondary activity.
I bought 55 inch cx oled for the bedroom so I'd say you're not stupid at all.

all of those services use a lot of HDR.

if ur at all a videophile, the oled will leave u with little to no regrets as they deal very very well with the content u describe

regular tv u can get away with anything tbh.. streamed content from those types of services is where high end tech takes a big lead

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom