Almost bought a Nuvi310d

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Tomo1971, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Tomo1971

Tomo1971
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Been the impatient type, not wanting to wait for the TT Navigator 5 update ( I assume Ver6) that will have some sort of updated maps I went into Halfords and came close to buying a Nuvi310D.

The mapping is much much more up to date, especially in Northern Ireland where I TT5 is useless. Im currently using TT5 for the mainland and MS Autoroute 2006 with gps in NI, which isnt ideal.

But after playing with the demo unit for a second time Im so glad I didnt buy it. The unit is not a patch on TT on a PDA. The refresh rate for the maps was painfully slow, there is no avoid particular road options and the route calculations were slower too. The only detour you can do is either as a result of a traffic delay or if you press detour button which I beleive just detours you for a few mile from the original route.

So, I'll stick to TT5 on a PDA and hope that the updated maps due at the end of this year will have more of NI on them!!!

Steve

2. sportsman0811

sportsman0811

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Garmin Nuvi 300 and I'm very satisfied with it. There are options to avoid certain types of roads...tolls...unmarked...motorways etc.
    I have been out on a few journeys and on some I deliberately went the wrong way and I couldn't believe how quickly it re-calculated the route...maybe 2 secs!!
    The voice is much better than many I have heard and the instructions are clear and concise and you are advised of turnings and exits in plenty of time.
    I've never had Sat Nav before so I can only compare it to friends Sat Navs and reviews I have read in magazines and on the web but after much research I decided on the Nuvi and so far I have no complaints at all.

3. Tomo1971

Tomo1971
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    In truth, If I hadnt used the TT5 for so long now (before that TT3) then the NUVI would of been fine, just been over picky and have got used to the extra's that TT has at the momet over Nuvi. It is a shame though as the rest of the unit is brilliant, just those couple of features that I would miss.

Steve