1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allo Allo

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by stephen19, Nov 30, 2004.

1. stephen19

stephen19
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I was looking to get some Christmas presents and read the reviews for Allo Allo on Amazon. One buyer said that the R2 version contains a cut in the first episode, compared to the R1 version which does not. I have been unable to find out any more about this. How much was cut and why?

Thanks.

2. DigitalSmurf

DigitalSmurf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stephen,

Listen very carfeully, I shall zis only wunce....

I was surprised at your post. 'Allo 'Allo is my fave all time comedy show, I know the first series by heart from VHS, and did not see anything missing from my DVD. I have the R2 Series 1&2 DVD (and 3&4 :rolleyes: ).

I checked Amazon and saw the review, it says one whole episode is missing. I think the reviewer is wrong. I am sure that all the episodes are there. Check here for the original transmitted episodes to compare:
    http://www.phill.co.uk/comedy/allo/list.html

Cheers,
    PappaSmurf :cool:

3. stephen19

stephen19
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

That's reassuring. I wasn't sure whether the reviewer meant the entire first episode (pilot ?) was missing or whether something had been cut. The episode listings seemed to be the same. The only thing I wonder is whether he saw that the run times were different because of the pal vs. ntsc timings and perhaps he mistakenly thought the pal version was shorter because it was cut?

Any news if they will release the later series on dvd?

4. DigitalSmurf

DigitalSmurf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was some confusion around the Pilot/first episode which also made me wonder whether I had the whole lot on VHS. You can see that even now the official Series 1 Episode 1 on the DVD has no title. Maybe this is what the review on Amazon refers to. I can't believe that any of the actual in-episode material would have been cut from the R1 to the R2 release....

As regards releasing the rest, no idea, matey!!
    I'm hoping that the rest are released. I've only seen beyond series 4 when it was broadcast, and even then not all episodes, because I was living overseas at the time. We can but hope :lease:

Da Pappa :cool:

5. cirdan

cirdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i got series 1+2 and 3+4 a few weeks back off amazon as they were pretty cheap, £9.99 each i think.

i was a bit suprised when i saw the last episode of series 4 as it didnt end like i thought, so i went online to check an episode guide and was suprised to see they made several more series. i remember watching it on the telly but never watched it all the time so i didnt know how many were made.

but having put two sets out so far surely they should release the rest too. a great programme that seemed better after watching these dvd's. i was suprised at how good the story arc was.