1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All your DVRs are belong to us!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by annefromuk, Dec 4, 2001.

Tags:
  1. annefromuk

annefromuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SonicBlue has been granted a multi-claim patent that covers almost every aspect of digitally recording TV programmes on a hard drive, in particular using a channel guide to manage what the machine records.

The patent, number 6,324,338, was filed by ReplayTV back in the summer of 1998. Since then ReplayTV was bought by SonicBlue - the deal was signed last March and completed in August. SonicBlue is now claiming the intellectual property for its own.

The patent describes a "video data recordable having integrated channel guides allowing a user to control recording and storage of television signals into personal channels for later playback and viewing". It covers pretty much anything you can do with a digital video recorder (DVR), including filing recorded programming into channels, providing previews, storing recordings on a random-access system, and making selections according to programme type and information culled from viewing habits. In short, the works.

(above taken from The Register )

Anne

2. nickeng

nickeng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you actually know where this saying comes from, out of interest, or you just quoting something found else where...

3. annefromuk

annefromuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was the headline for that article.

But I do know it is a version of the phrase 'All your Bases are belong to us!'
    Which came from a arcade game, but I cant seem to remember the name of it.

Anne

4. annefromuk

annefromuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, found out for you.

The phrase 'All Your Base Are Belong to Us' came from the Arcade Game 'Zero Wing'

Click here for a list of sites dedicated to the phrase.

Anne

5. nickeng

nickeng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Thanks for finding out...but I actually knew that...I was check if you did....

Zero Wing is a classic shooter in the old style and I own the original home version on PC Engine complete with bad translation..

Sorry If i waste your time....

All the best

Happy Xmas!
    :rolleyes: