all you screenplay 4805 owners

p5yco

Standard Member
Reaction score
desperately seeking advice on what dvd player to connect up to my 4805! what dvd players do you guys have connected up and with what type of results? its the only thing i have been so undecided by for ages in the world of home cinema! considering denon 1710, samsung hd950, tosh 340, tosh 350e, pioneer dv370, pioneer 575, panasonic s35, panasonic s97............PLEASE HELP! :lease:

I've just got a 4805 pj and have it connected up to my Denon DHT500sd via component. As I already had the Denon, it has saved me some money. Very happy with it and cannot justify a separate system yet.

i have read it is possible to connect a dvd player up to the 4805 via an hdmi-hdmi cable via an adapter, does the adapter come as standard with it or do i need to purchase it separately? what is its technical name? how much does it cost (uk £)? ta.

The HDMI adaptor doesn't come with the PJ. The 4805 has a P&D (M1) socket. FWIW my DVI adaptor was £20 from Lindy. I run 2 DVDs via a scaler and find the DVI from my Yamakawa 365 great with quality source material but my old Marantz via RGBs is far kinder with poorer material.

I'm running a Pioneer 868 via HDMI/M1A adapter. I've recently upgraded from a knackered Pioneer 757, which was connected via component, and I can actually see the difference in the picture quality by using the digital connections :smashin:

I have a Denon 1910 connected via DVI/M1 Adaptor. No problems excellent results, old films can be better via RGB.

I am using a HK DVD25 using component and prog scan and the picture quality is superb!!

Considering this can now be had second hand for £110 or so its a real bargain!!

owey said:
I've just got a 4805 pj and have it connected up to my Denon DHT500sd via component.

this is just the system I am considering - having just bought a 4805. Anyone else recomment the Denon, or think it worth paying extra to get HDMI link?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom