All you knowledgeable people please advise out of these 3!!

benbfc

Standard Member
Hi all, Panny for 779 TH37PX70PED or Samsung LE37R87BDX for 599.

Watching from 8 feet away.
Mainly used for FOOTBALL, Consoles, SD TV.

Suspect the Panny will come out on top, but it is worth the near £200 extra, Samsung doesnt seem to have too many problems with motion blurring?

Or do i go all out and spend another £100 (nearly 1k) and go for the sony d3000.

Nothing bigger than a 40" wanted due to lounge size.

Getting a cheaper panel like the Samsung or the Tosh 37C3030 would mean I can buy an Xbox at the same time! Although good TV picture quality is the main thing!!

Reagrds

Ben

kmw

Standard Member
Go for the Panasonic plasma, its £759.99 from Laskys. I'm trying to send my Samsung LE37R88BD back to Dixons as it has a fault although Dixons are been very awkward (Won't be buying off them again). The Samsung doesn't handle standard definition very well at all and the audio is awful, no where near as good as my old Toshiba 32WLT66. The Panasonic TH37PX70 handles SD very well according to the reviews I've read.:thumbsup:

emu

Hi all, Panny for 779 TH37PX70PED or Samsung LE37R87BDX for 599.

Watching from 8 feet away.
Mainly used for FOOTBALL, Consoles, SD TV.

Suspect the Panny will come out on top, but it is worth the near £200 extra, Samsung doesnt seem to have too many problems with motion blurring?

Or do i go all out and spend another £100 (nearly 1k) and go for the sony d3000.

Nothing bigger than a 40" wanted due to lounge size.

Getting a cheaper panel like the Samsung or the Tosh 37C3030 would mean I can buy an Xbox at the same time! Although good TV picture quality is the main thing!!

Reagrds

Ben

i had a dog of a 37r87 and got a replacement that was spot on with sky plus and football

i have since bought a lem40 and the difference between the two screens is amazing

if you can afford it though i would either get a d3000 or get a samsung lem 40incher with new firmare on

just finished watching the england game tonight and everything looked spot on

benbfc

Standard Member
mixed bag, thanks for that. think plasma is more suited my needs sport +SD, hopefully the consoles wont let it down.

42" too big in my room, looks like the 37" Panny!

Still though that sony with 100hz is bleeeeding temptin!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom