1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All these TV's are great, but what one would you chose?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by John-D, Jan 9, 2003.

1. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've had a Tosh 32ZT29B for 2 weeks now, and I've not been happy with it. Hopefully I'll be exchanging it Thursday for a different TV set.

I need some help with choice.

I've got 3 TV's to chose from:-

1) Sony KD32NX100 £1849

2) Sony KV36FS76TNS £1549

3) Philips 36PW9607 £1749

Not worried about picture size. And, all the TV's I've listed, are very good quality. Just would like to hear from anyone whose got any of the above TV's?

Cheers
    John

2. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my opinion I would opt for the Sony FS76.

I admit I don't have experience of the other two options but have the above recommendation sitting in my living room.

It developed a fault a week after delivery but I am having it exchanged because I like the picture and style of the TV so much.

What I would advise is buy one from a walk in shop. I have had SO MUCH TROUBLE with online/mailorder companies it is untrue. Better to buy for £100 more and get the 5 yr warranty and ability to walk into the shop and speak to someone face-to-face if anything does go wrong. This obviously applies to all purchases but especially large tv's such as the ones your interested in.

btw...House of Fraser have FS76 on sale at £1699.99 with a 5 yr warranty but will price match on a one year warranty.

Regards

Tom

3. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The set I'm exchanging (Toshiba 32ZT29B), is from a shop in Rayleigh, Essex. So, I'll have to exchange it with them, but the £1549 price includes a 1 year warranty. So the FS76 looks a good price.

John

PS. does the FS76 have intergrated S-Video scarts, or are they just RGB and AV-Video?

Cheers.

4. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    btw...House of Fraser have FS76 on sale at £1699.99 with a 5 yr warranty but will price match on a one year warranty.

Tom,
    Have been following various threads and have definately decided on the FS76, was planning to purchase from JL Cheadle for £1795 using Barclaycard. Based on what has been posted about JL Cheadle they are not very keen on price matching, so much easier to use the Barclaycard option.
    Was completeley unaware of House of Fraser, which branch is this & does price include delivery?

Cheers
    Bam

Incidentally anyone who is also thinking of buying may find the attached of interest. It is a list of prices taken from the internet/phone calls.

Attached Files:

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    NX 100 the Sony DTTV tuner is better than any silly box - INCLUDING SKY!

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Off the ones you mention, it would be the Sony NX100. However if it were me, I wouldn't choose any of them.

Have you considered a Loewe Aconda? Superior to any of the 3 above in my opinion. I did audition the NX100 almost a year ago and it was a very nice set. However I felt it was too expensive for a Sony and lacked a feature or two of the Loewe. The Loewe's exclusivity won through in the end.

7. w5moss

w5moss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can I ask why you wern't happy with the Tosh. I've been watching the threads on the analogue 32zd, and the digital receiver version seemed ideal.

8. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ended up getting the Tosh 36ZT29 b'coz I needed a TV with a tilt control, which the 32ZT29 didn't have.

Also, the Tosh still had a very good picture, when put against the others in my list. So the shop geezer done me a deal for the 36" set.

JD

9. Lpool

Lpool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm returning my second FS76 set..both did buzz, had some awful black blocks/lines on dark scenes and a weird light part on the right side of the screen. I'm now going for a Philips 36PW9767 or 9527

10. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, i have to say that, bar a couple of teething problems, which were gratefully answered on here, im more than happy with my FS76, the picture is detailed and natural to my eyes, plus i like the styling.

11. zen

zen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Tosh 36" from John Lewis but found the picture was tilted, JL took it back and changed it for a Panasonic 36" which has Tilt control. I'm very happy now, its a better set.
    I got the non digital version as I have SKY - was I right? are there any channels on Freeview that don't come via Sky also?:clap:

12. zen

zen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

13. zen

zen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clown:
    See my remarks re exchange Tosh for Panasonic ::confused:

14. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 36ZT29B Tosh has a tilt control, or "Geomagnetic" control.

Also, all of the Freeview channels are on Sky, but still handy if I wanna watch Sky News or BBC3 and no-one else wants too.

John

15. zen

zen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :eek:
    Thanks, the model TOSH I had was the "picture frame" 36ZP18...
    I'm not sure I understand the reasoning for having Freeview and SKY on the same TV set if all channels on Freeview are available on Sky
    :confused:

16. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The following are pay but free to me

:clap:

UK History
    The Hits
    TMF
    Ftn
    UK Bright Ideas
    ITV2

Also PQ is generally better:smashin:

17. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sky is pumped through-out the house from one digi-box. So, the IDTV does come in handy for that. Until the football comes on!

John

18. zen

zen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SKY INSTALATION!

How do you get Sky pumped though the whole house? I've got a amp., in the loft for six feeds on the tres.arial and a dish fitted that would connect to any of the six feeds bypassing the amp.if ness.
    But when the sky installer came he said he would have to fit another dish to go direct to the "box" as no joins are allowed,also my wall outlets did not conform to the Sky coaxial socket style. Can I get this corrected if its poss.I am in the N.london/S. Herts area if anyone knows a knowlegdeable fitter?
    :lesson:

19. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a TV signal booster box, with 4 output feeds. The other TV's are in mono, but that doesn't seem to bother anyone. While the main TV is in connected via RGB. Of course, for me. :D

John