1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All the Starwars

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Pids, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Pids

Pids

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I wanted to buy all the starwars films. IS there a pack which would have them all in

Or is it best to buy them individually

Thats assuming they are all available on dvd.

2. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace and Episode 2 : Attack of the Clones are available on DVD.

Episode 3 should be out in November 2005 after it's Summer 2005 theatrical run.

Episodes 4,5 and 6 (the original trilogy) are expected sometime in 2006, at the earliest.

3. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Laserdisc for Episodes 4,5 and 6 .... if you can find the discs and a working player.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as the official releases [4,5,6] will be possibly be a few years away, you have 2 options.firstly try your luck with the many dvd versions you find. bear in mind they are only copies of the laserdisc version! i don,t own the dvd versions ,and would be more inclined to get the laserdisc[ntsc], even if you don,t have a laserdisc player., you can pick a cheap player up nowadays.secondly i think the laserdisc is an investment. thirdly i have read the dvd,s don,t output proper 5.1, and the dts is not even present[if these dvd,s are just copies of the laserdisc, did the laserdisc only have 5.1?...don,t recall dts!] the choice at the end of the day is yours.......lastly , if your tempted by the laserdisc, the PAL version is only dolby pro logic,,,,,the NTSC version is 5.1! hope this helps.

5. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yup no DTS versions.

6. VMAX

VMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I bought the Trilogy boxset on VCD ( still unopened) on Saturday. It is an official release in Malaysia where VHS is apparently not common due to the humidity.It does not say what the sound format is , probably stereo . If I dont sell it, then I might open it and find out :D VMax

7. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1