Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Ridley Scott is finalizing a deal to direct All the Money in the World, a Black List script dealing with the high-profile kidnapping of John Paul Getty III, and Natalie Portman might star.

Deadline reports that the script, written by David Scarpa (The Day the Earth Stood Still), focuses on Getty’s mother’s efforts to get her son back. John Paul Getty III was the grandson of J. Paul Getty, a fabulously wealthy magnate who didn’t have a great relationship with his grandson or his former daughter-in-law Gail Harris. When his grandson was kidnapped in 1973, Harris had a difficult time convincing Getty to pay the $17 million ransom — partly because of their strained relationship and partly because Getty figured if he paid the money, any one of his other grandchildren could be taken, the kidnappers expecting the same reward.

MV5BMjIxMTM2MzY2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjE2OTMyNzE@._V1_UY317_CR30,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Charlie Plummer
has landed the role of J. Paul Getty’s grandson, John Paul Getty III

Quite a plum role for a young lad.

You could hear a pin drop this weekend gone, at the cinema, when Kevin Spacey was named & shown in the trailer. i nearly hissed at the screen myself :D

all-the-money-in-the-world-kevin-spacey-slice-600x200.jpg

Sony is cutting Spacey out of the movie, reshooting his scenes with Oscar winner Christopher Plummer,

christopher-plummer.jpg

How far will it go? Will there be new versions of the likes of Usual Suspects and American Beauty - with another actor digitally replacing Spacey’s face?

In this case I believe Ridley wanted Christopher Plummer from the beginning?
But the studio said "Spacey's got the star power, the perfect man for the job", or something along those lines.

leaving Spacey in this right now would be the kiss of death at the box office, that's the reality of it, and Ridley really needs a hit after his last few films didn't exactly set the box office alight. It makes perfect sense for them to do the reshoots

I can't see anyone digitally erasing Kevin Spacey from any of his old films. But for unreleased stuff it's the logical thing to do.
And no matter how much of a degenerate KS may or may not turn out to be in the end, none of this is going to stop me watching Se7en or any of the other films I like that he's in. They'll just be great films that just happen to have a scumbag starring in them.... if a scumbag is in fact what he ultimately turns out to be.

^ In addition, all the sets and props touched by Spacey (*spits*) have been sterilized and disinfected. Cast & crew wearing hazmat suits just to ensure no further contamination.

Might’ve required some protective underwear to, well the men at least...

And no matter how much of a degenerate KS may or may not turn out to be in the end, none of this is going to stop me watching Se7en or any of the other films I like that he's in. They'll just be great films that just happen to have a scumbag starring in them.... if a scumbag is in fact what he ultimately turns out to be.
I would image that the likes of Se7en, and the Usual Suspects have a lot of fans in AVF members. However things pan out with Spacey, it certainly wont make them bad movies. They'll always represent two of the cinematic highpoints of the 90's.

Might be a good time to set up a chastity belts business in Hollywood. :D

I assume Charlie and Christopher Plummer are related. Grandson even?

Indeed, Kevin Spacey was integral to the 1990s cinema, after an incredible set of hits, or appearances where he was perfect for the role.

His fall from grace has been very rapid indeed and it is utterly remarkable to hear that Ridley Scott's production are spend 10 million dollars removing traces of Spacey from the movie. Just. Wow.

Chris Plummer moves in, with Spacey out

DPzWe16VoAEyIzi.jpg

Christopher Plummer looks super old. At nearly 90 it’s incredible he’s still working.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom