1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All thats needed now is to figure how to connect up the TV signal?!!?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Morph3ous, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Morph3ous

Morph3ous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I posted earlier today, asking how to connect my DVD/VCR/digibox/xbox to my new Toshiba 36ZP46P.

I've been doing some scouring throughout this and other Forums, and think i have found some answers. I would though appreciate some guidance on how best to connect the TV signal cables...

Here's what i was thinking...

DVD --> TV via Component Cable (For best picture)
    Digibox --> TV via RGB enabled SCART.
    VCR --> TV via non-RGB SCART
    Xbox --> TV via RGB enabled SCART

Therefore i just need to sort out the TV coax cable, connecting it to Digibox, TV and VCR for recording etc.
    I want to be able to record from the digibox, and watch a terrestrial channel at the same time and vice versa.

Therefore, what would be the best way to connect it all up? Have i got the right idea with the above connections?

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere and i've missed it during my searches...

Thanks,

Morph3ous

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    All scarts are "RGB enabled" but some are designed to handle RGB only with some of the pins not connected. The disconnected pins in an RGB only scart lead include those needed for audio so these should only be used by people using a seperate amp for the audio reproduction.

You will need a scart from the Digibox to the VCR if you wish to record and the TV aerial just needs to go into the digibox and then to the VCR and from there to the TV which should cover every eventuality for you.