• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

ALL SJ 2017 MODELS OWNERS CHAT, REVIEWS AND BEST PICTURE SETTINGS ECT ....

Jonny2400

Novice Member
Hi all am currently looking at replacement options for my 55SJ810v.

Thinking of going down to a 50inch, as the 55 is a touch too big for my sitting room, had planned just to get a new 50 inch nano cell, but after a visit to Curry’s and looking at the Nano cell compared to non nano cell LGs, I actually didn’t see much difference in picture quality.

I did noticed thou compared to the QLED and OLEDs the nano cell was rather pants.

Got me thinking, I actually haven’t been that impressed with the SJ810v, I had just assumed that it was the jump from 1080p to 4K and HDR that hadn’t impressed me, but maybe it was the actual TV fault.

I struggle to see much different between my blu rays on my 1080p Samsung and my 4K HDR blue rays on the nano cell. However while in curry’s and looking at the demos .. I was blown away.

So interested to know, a few years down the line, was the SJ810v actually a poor tv ?

lgfanza

Standard Member
I just got a NextGen Xbox Series S console, Xbox reports that my 2017 60" SJ800V is 1080p 120Hz or 4K 60Hz as well as Dolby Vision which is expected and great. It does however say the panel does not support HDR10 for gaming? It this correct?

numskull1980

I just got a NextGen Xbox Series S console, Xbox reports that my 2017 60" SJ800V is 1080p 120Hz or 4K 60Hz as well as Dolby Vision which is expected and great. It does however say the panel does not support HDR10 for gaming? It this correct?

Never had any problems with HDR in games on mine

gibbletts

Hi all am currently looking at replacement options for my 55SJ810v.

Thinking of going down to a 50inch, as the 55 is a touch too big for my sitting room, had planned just to get a new 50 inch nano cell, but after a visit to Curry’s and looking at the Nano cell compared to non nano cell LGs, I actually didn’t see much difference in picture quality.

I did noticed thou compared to the QLED and OLEDs the nano cell was rather pants.

Got me thinking, I actually haven’t been that impressed with the SJ810v, I had just assumed that it was the jump from 1080p to 4K and HDR that hadn’t impressed me, but maybe it was the actual TV fault.

I struggle to see much different between my blu rays on my 1080p Samsung and my 4K HDR blue rays on the nano cell. However while in curry’s and looking at the demos .. I was blown away.

So interested to know, a few years down the line, was the SJ810v actually a poor tv ?
Yes is the simple answer, I Had one in the bedroom I was never that keen on the colours and the local dimming was literally atrocious, I recently replaced it with a cx oled which is way better.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom