all sharp owners please help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by andya, Dec 15, 2004.

Tags:
  1. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    here we go £1359 32ga4e or £ 2069 37g4e or £ 2069 37g3e i was thinking of getting the 32 inch and waiting till after christmas to see if other manufactures bring better displays out which are maybe cheaper than the current sharp 37inch displays,do you think from 7ft away the 37 inch sharp will be to over powering and do you think i would notice the a lot of artifacts e.t.c see if i buy the 32ga4e at £1359 i could always sell it after christmas and not loose to much thats if a new 37 lcd comes out.im confused what to do are you happy with your 37 inch lcds and has anyone got theres wall mounted how far does it stick out with the bracket included ,and do you prefer the bottom speakers or the side speakers on the 37 inch sets do they affect the image are they magnetically shieled.thanks for any help sorry about any spelling or gramer mistakes but i am so stressed out at the mo

2. Ultim8Fury

Ultim8Fury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    speakers on an LCD won't ever affect the image unlike CRT cos there are no magnetically sensitive parts in an LCD screen.

I have a 45" Sharp and sit 3M away from it. Its big but I wouuldn't say overpowering.

Artifacts on screen. depend entirely on what you're feeding it. low rent sky/cable channels will look bad on most semi decent TVs. The major channels and DVD will look fine. HD will look even better.

The sharp bracket makes the display sit 22mm from the wall and has tilting functionality if you so wish.

My set only comes with underslung speaker and TBH I think side mounted ones would make the set look far too large. However on a smaller set I think it comes down to personal preference.

Advantage to buying a sharp now, is the 3 year warranty. As for buying one and seeing what comes up in the new year, If prices drop like people are predicting, you could end up losing a fair chunk of money. Personnally I'd either jump on board now for the long term or wait until next year. Trying to take an interim step may well get you burned.

3. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    thanks for that info,you say it is 22mm is that just the bracket and not the lcd

4. jgrg

jgrg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    £2069 for a LC37G4E is a very good price if you can get it.

I prefer the side mounted speakers because I will not use them, and will therefore remove them. Removing the bottom speaker on the 3Es leaves a rather tall stand which is a bit less stable.

James

5. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Andy,
    That's a good price! I paid a couple of hunded pounds more for my37Ga4.
    Who is offering that sort of price?