• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

All quiet on the DS front?

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Only 2 decent games have been released so far this year, with Zelda and Advance Wars.

Any news on any decent titles coming up, obviously ones without "petz" or disney in their titles :rolleyes: :D

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Even more quiet in here!

G a f f e r

Prominent Member
I agree on both counts :D.

My excuse is that what the advent of MKwii, my main excuse for picking up the DS (MKDS) has "gone out of the window" ;).
When the novelty starts to wear a little (if ever) I may pick it up again for the odd bit of Prof Layton.

Been wasting a lot of my time on Advance wars Days of ruin, its a lot better than Dual Strike, which IMO was overcomplicated but its a bit on the easy side so far (done around 15 missions), mind you I suppose Im comparing it to the rock solid advance wars on GBA.

Anyway, get it ! the online is really good as well I thought it would be a long drawn out affair but the its pretty snappy and fun.

HOLD IT ! Just ordered phoenix wright 3 from play asia for £11.50 as well :clap:

But you can !

Last edited:

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
I'd say there's a few more than two decent games so far this year (and zelda was last year!)...

Try:
The World ends with you
FFCC Ring of fates
Apollo Justice (the fourth Phoenix wright game, god knows where the third one is...)
Ninja Gaiden

Ok so not many more :)

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
In addition to the homebrew paint apps I recently mentioned in the homebrew thread, the following games have been keeping me entertained lately:

Lego Indiana Jones
The World Ends With You
Ninja Gaiden DS
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics

I'd definately recommend checking out at least the 1st three, The World Ends With You in particular.

I'm going to see if I can pick up Dream Pinball 3D soon too as that looks pretty good. Also, as sad as it may seem I'm quite looking forward to getting Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? at some point.

I dont use my DS much to be honest, but I always enjoy it when I do. I dont have a Wii so it provides me with all my weird / niche gaming needs, and my fix of Mario Kart! :smashin:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I pretty much lost interest in my DS some time ago, barely even touched the thing during my 3 week holiday away from all gaming consoles apart from the DS:eek:

For me I'm hoping the upcoming Fire Emblem will be the saviour of my DS, and with online battles now confirmed for it there's a good chance it may be just that:cool:

Apollo Justice (the fourth Phoenix wright game, god knows where the third one is...)

As you probably gathered, Apollo Justice is number 3 over here/USA whereas trials and tribulations is number 3 in Japan (1-3 were all out on the GBA in Jap years ago), anyway, as I say, you can get Trials and Tribulations for £11.50 from playasia

Flashy

Distinguished Member
^^^I've been keeping an eye on the site for a while and the US version of Trials and Tribulations hasn't been in stock for a while. Don't suppose anyone knows whether the Japanese version has an English language option?

Lumstorm

Standard Member
^^^I've been keeping an eye on the site for a while and the US version of Trials and Tribulations hasn't been in stock for a while. Don't suppose anyone knows whether the Japanese version has an English language option?

The first three games in Japan including Trials and Tribulations are duel language, Japanese and English only the Appollo Justice game is in Japanese only.

As for new releases the big release I'm looking forward to is Daigasso! Band Brothers DX http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-2olk.html

I just downloaded the demo form the Nintendo Channel and its just as addictive as the first game.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom