All purpose DVD/ VCR recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Bikie, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Bikie

Bikie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a single machine that will copy via i-link from a camcorder to VHS and DVD. and also internally from DVD to VHS and vice versa.

I believe the Daewoo 8150 does all this - can anyone confirm it and also point me towards what else may be available.

Thanks

2. DaveG_UK

DaveG_UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The latest Panasonic combi unit has Firewire too.

I have the previous incarnation, DMRE75. I'm very happy with it, not sure what the newer model number is though.

Sorry for the vague reply, hope it gives you an alternative option.

It's primarily a DVD-RAM recorder though.

3. Haydon Luke

Haydon Luke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently having a poor experience with this machine (Daewoo 8150) which I bought thinking it would be the answer to all my problems - transferring lots of videotape material to DVD. Price and specification looked good so I bought from Amazon. They delivered quickly and the VCR side of the machine was fine. However, the DVD side swallowed up a sample DVD then refused to open ever again! Reported fault to Amazon who despatched a replacement immediately - well done, Amazon. Second machine arrived but within a week the same problem occured. Now in contact with Daewoo who have posted a software amendment on their website but since you need to download it to DVD (& presumably play it )before you can use it, it's not a lot of use. Daewoo have promised a replacement machine but won't say whether the fault is common and generic or limited to a particular batch. Their helpline wasn't much help. No sign yet of the promised replacement. I might have to go back to Amazon.
    It really is frustrating that no one seems ready to own the actual problem.
    Anyone else had any experience of this machine?

4. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    No. Most of us stick to the well known and trusted brands. They may be more expensive but prove to be less hassle in the long term.