All Killzone 2 Complaints Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an absolute joke. After a few seconds I didn't even want to play the demo because of the terrible controls. The sensitivity doesn't make any sense, it's either on full or there's nothing, like the analogue stick is digital. You do get used to it after a while but it doesn't stop the fact that it's a joke. The gameplay is nowhere near as strong as CoD. The R3 click to aim down sight is a pain too. Tried it on all the sens settings.

Big explosions don't impress me. I look for strong gameplay/controls in a FPS and KZ2 has neither imo.

It's that bad I've even taken it off the rental list :rotfl:. I'll just get Halo Wars which controls were atleast useful.

All my opinion of course. I was looking foward to this, it's so hyped up, especailly on this forum. People saying they beta tested it and it was great, what are they kidding? All it has is good 'hollywood' effects.

I have no idea why someone would choose to play this over say CoD.

I do like the cover system, buit it means nothing for me in a game that is unplayable. I hope to see more of it in the future though.

Because CoD 4 is imo, overrated and now 18 months old. Its run and gun and I was bored of it at least six months ago. WaW is exactly the same only manages to be worse. All in my opinion of course.

Last edited:
It is an absolute joke. After a few seconds I didn't even want to play the demo because of the terrible controls. The sensitivity doesn't make any sense, it's either on full or there's nothing, like the analogue stick is digital. You do get used to it after a while but it doesn't stop the fact that it's a joke. The gameplay is nowhere near as strong as CoD. The R3 click to aim down sight is a pain too.

Big explosions don't impress me. I look for strong gameplay/controls in a FPS and KZ2 has neither imo.

It's that bad I've even taken it off the rental list :rotfl:. I'll just get Halo Wars which controls were atleast useful.

All my opinion of course. I was looking foward to this, it's so hyped up, especailly on this forum. People saying they beta tested it and it was great, what are they kidding? All it has is good 'hollywood' effects.

I do like the cover system, buit it means nothing for me in a game that is unplayable. I hope to see more of it in the future though.

Haha it seems as though we're split on who likes the controls and who doesn't... I personally think the delay in movement is annoying. I don't think it's as "tight" as CoD or R2.

Button layouts, eh, sure would be nice to have them fully customizable.

I am disapointed that the demo was only 720p and the final version will only be 1080i

surely it should be 1080p? the power of PS3 and all?!?

Because CoD 4 is imo, overrated and now 18 months old. Its run and gun and I was bored of it at least six months ago. WaW is exactly the same only manages to be worse. All in my opinion of course.

Wow so defensive, this is the complaints thread after all. Personally I'm not a great fan of the CoD series, since 4 introduced perks. My gripe is with the controls though :smashin:

I'm sure if you ask any FPS enthusiast they will tell you the CoD series has the strongest control system.

Haha it seems as though we're split on who likes the controls and who doesn't... I personally think the delay in movement is annoying. I don't think it's as "tight" as CoD or R2.

Button layouts, eh, sure would be nice to have them fully customizable.

Couldn't agree more. The delay completely destroys the fluidity of moder FPS controls. It takles about 10 mins just to get your crosshair on an enemy.

I can kill an enemy from about 100 yards in CoD3, first shot and it takes about a second from when I see the enemy until he's dead. Now that's fluidity.

Wow so defensive, this is the complaints thread after all. Personally I'm not a great fan of the CoD series, since 4 introduced perks. My gripe is with the controls though :smashin:

I'm sure if you ask any FPS enthusiast they will tell you the CoD series has the strongest control system.

Couldn't agree more. The delay completely destroys the fluidity of moder FPS controls. It takles about 10 mins just to get your crosshair on an enemy.

I can kill an enemy from about 100 yards in CoD3, first shot and it takes about a second from when I see the enemy until he's dead. Now that's fluidity.

First point is opinion not fact and second taking longer to line up shots is down to skill or practice.

I can kill an enemy from about 100 yards in CoD3, first shot and it takes about a second from I see the enemy until he's dead. Now that's fluidity.

Yes it is a complaints thread, but does mean we cannot challenge the views put on here, it would seem a bit pointless if all you could do is complain. You did ask why someone would prefer K2 over COD4, so I told you. Not really that defensive. The COD series is not the be all and end all of FPS. I am delighted it plays nothing like it. It completely defeats the purpose of being a new game if it were to ape another control system. If it was just a re-skinned COD4, we'd end up with another World at War, but set on another planet, which would be bad.

Last edited:
Looks like some people are too used to autoaim/aimbot:nono: This game needs skill to get kills. It really feels like you "earn" each kill.

Last edited:
cod4 may not be the be all end end all of fps , but it's a billion times better than this pile of junk

cod4 may not be the be all end end all of fps , but it's a billion times better than this pile of junk

Welcome back!! :rotfl:

Looks like some people are too used to autoaim/aimbot:nono: This game needs skill to get kills. I really feels like you "earn" each kill.

Exactly:smashin:

I am pretty rubbish at every game I play, but to learn the control system over time is part of the "fun" surely :confused:

I am pretty rubbish at every game I play, but to learn the control system over time is part of the "fun" surely :confused:

+1

:thumbsup:

Well that's just one way to look at it yes, another would be this is a billion times better that cod4! it's just a matter of opinion or preference isn't it?

I would say no need to work yourself up over a game, if people have problems with it just go play another game.
I hated how R2 felt and controlled so I just ejected it and played WAW, simple.

EDIT: anyway I'm wasting time here I'm off to go play again. :D

Last edited:
Well I have a complaint about the demo :mad:

I've just played a couple of games of COD5, and I couldn't hit a barn door! I'm not really that bothered about playing COD now either, think I'll just keep playing the demo :rotfl:

First point is opinion not fact and second taking longer to line up shots is down to skill or practice.

No, it's down to a bad control system. You obviously can't accept that fact. Change the sensitivity in any good FPS like Halo 3 or CoD you'll find it's much faster and more fluid to aim. This is down to experience, you can't just jumpin and claim it's down to practice :rotfl:

Yes it is a complaints thread, but does mean we cannot challenge the views put on here, it would seem a bit pointless if all you could do is complain. You did ask why someone would prefer K2 over COD4, so I told you. Not really that defensive. The COD series is not the be all and end all of FPS. I am delighted it plays nothing like it. It completely defeats the purpose of being a new game if it were to ape another control system. If it was just a re-skinned COD4, we'd end up with another World at War, but set on another planet, which would be bad.

You can't challenege someones views when what you are challenging it with is all subjective. I asked a rhetorical question, not for someones view.

Looks like some people are too used to autoaim/aimbot:nono: This game needs skill to get kills. I really feels like you "earn" each kill.

Skill :rotfl:, I love how people are getting so defensive claiming this game requires more skill than others, it's so fanboyish it's hilarious.

I guess I should have known better complaining in a Killzone forum, even if it is a complaints thread.

Agreed, and I'm not even a big CoD4 fan.

Personally, I look at it as putting up with the crap as opposed to learning it :D

It's also worth noting how some people are turning this complaints thread into a gathering of Killzone followers, that's tells me something about the games audience.

You can't challenege someones views when what you are challenging it with is all subjective. I asked a rhetorical question, not for someones view.

Of course I can challenge what ever I want from your post, its a forum :rotfl:. If you feel your opinions should not be challenged then don't post. Its simple.

Of course I can challenge what ever I want from your post, its a forum :rotfl:. If you feel your opinions should not be challenged then don't post. Its simple.

Did I say you couldn't?

Shows how defensive you are, and immature.

Get a grip of yourself and don't try to dictate, appreaciate the fact others have a different opinion and don't get so defensive when they share it.

Did I say you couldn't?

Shows how defensive you are, and immature.

You got an infraction before for calling me a rather unfriendly name, I think the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind. Perhaps you are feeling bitter about that. I don't know and really don't care.

For the record, you did say that I could not challenge your opinions..........

Last edited:
No, it's down to a bad control system. You obviously can't accept that fact.

Back from having another go! :)

Bad control 'Fact' please show me somewhere on the net, some kind of evidence that the game has bad controls?

I think what you mean by bad controls is your personal opinion, Fact is different. :rolleyes: I can accept you dislike the controls as it's your opinion I can also accept that others feel that the controls are fine, It's you that can't accept peoples opinions by posting your views as 'FACTS' :suicide:

Last edited:
Back from having another go! :)

Bad control 'Fact' please show me somewhere on the net, some kind of evidence that the game has bad controls?

I think what you mean by bad controls is your personal opinion, Fact is different. :rolleyes: I can accept you dislike the controls as it's your opinion I can also accepts that others feel that the controls are fine, It's you that can't accepts peoples opinions by posting your views as 'FACTS' :suicide:

Apart from the fact numerous people have mentioned it in here :rolleyes:. Please pay attention.

You got an infraction before for calling me a rather unfriendly name, I think the words pot, kettle and black spring to mind. Perhaps you are feeling bitter about that. I don't know and really don't care.

For the record, you did say that I could not challenge your opinions..........

Are you just looking for an arguement? Why don't you go into a thread where people like the game and prevent your subjective opinions from conflicting with the purpose of the thread :thumbsup:

You can't challenge someones opinion with your own subjective opinion, and if you think you can, then you obviously have no idea what an opinion is.

It's a joke that people act this way when someone shares their opinion :mad:

Are you just looking for an arguement? Why don't you go into a thread where people like the game and prevent your subjective opinions from conflicting with the purpose of the thread :thumbsup:

I've just created a thread for that exact reason. Cas, Beowulf et al, you're not invited! :D

No, it's down to a bad control system. You obviously can't accept that fact. Change the sensitivity in any good FPS like Halo 3 or CoD you'll find it's much faster and more fluid to aim. This is down to experience, you can't just jumpin and claim it's down to practice :rotfl:

Amen to that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom