1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all JVC AV32WFT1 owners look here. Or if you are just curious.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jtorry, Mar 18, 2002.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have started to notice some severe image persistence on my TV. Most noticeable are scenes where a bright object or face suddenly switches to a black or dark background and the object still remains visible for about half a second. It is also very noticeable in very dark scenes where there are lights. As the camera pans around the dark areas become lit up slightly where the light was. Some specific DVDs that have bad problems are Donnie darko, The One and 6th Day. In Donnie Darko there is a bit at a party where someone wearing a white sheet is jumping up and down on a trampoline and the trail he leaves is like a solid block of white on the black background. It might be just me but in my opinion this is not good enough for something which cost me £700. I have tried another DVD player and different leads and the problem still remains. I need to know if this is a problem with all TVs, this specific model or just my set.

2. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I think most 50Hz models mount tubes with higher-remanence phospors to lessen flicker. I've got a 50Hz Panasonic and I notice that, especially with light objects against dark backgrounds or if the end credits of a movie roll very fast.

Some may call it a flaw, others a compromise. If you can't tolerate it, you'll have to go for a 100Hz set. But be prepared for its own set of nasties (and at a heftier price).

Regards.

3. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    the thing is I never saw these problems with the set for the first 4 months of owning and have never heard anyone else discuss this problem.

4. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Many 100Hz TV's also have this problem. It seems CRT TV's are built like that nowadays.