1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All in Wonder 32MB TV AGP Video Card ?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Gatekeeper, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all
    is the All in Wonder 32MB TV AGP Video Card a good and cappable card for a hcpc system
    also what does this card lack compard to the new all in wonder cards

2. Caveat

Caveat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it really depends on what you want to do with it.
    I used one of these very happily for s-video out into a TV.
    When I got the projector I upgraded to an ATI radeon card, and the image was clearly better, deeper colours, sharper etc, though I doubt I would have noticed much difference on the TV.
    I dont use it for video capture, so I cant comment on that side.

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i use a projector and a 8500 card for dvd's whitch iam happy with but would like to use the pc for tv capture (pause live tv ect) so was wondering to get an all in wonder or a seperate tv card ( approx £55) what card do you recommend
    thanks for looking

4. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried an all-in-wonder card with my HTPC and HS10 projector and the picture looked terrible. It's an analogue card and I got quite a bit of noise. It might be OK for watching TV in a window on a PC monitor but watching full-size on a projector..... no way.

I bought the nebula digi-TV card from
    http://www.nebula-electronics.com

Since it's a digital card, the picture is processed digitally by the PC and the picture is incredibly clean. I'm very impressed by it. It's probably the best TV picture that I've managed to get on my projector to date and I've tried;

video recorder tuner output via RGB
    set top box output via S-video
    ATi all-in-wonder output via DVI

my current system is Sony HS10 WXGA fed via DVI. Picture size is approx 84" diagonal.

The nebula system provides personal video recorder (pause TV etc) and has integrated electronic program guide. All in all a very good product.

Hope this helps
    J