1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all in one with optical input

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by tightjock, Dec 19, 2004.

1. tightjock

tightjock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi looking for 5.1 system with optical input,i belive this lets me plug in ps2.is it possible to get one for £200ish. any info greatly welcome.regards

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I bought a cheap Acoustics Solution 5.1 speaker system from Argos for the spare room. I think I paid £80-90 for it and it is okay. It has an optical input but is just a speaker system. My kids use it with the xbox to get a 5.1 surround sound.

It would be okay with your ps2 if you intend to use the ps2 as your dvd player. It does the job but basically you get what you pay for.

3. flashpaul

flashpaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive just ordered a samsung HT-DS470 all in 1 dvd/surround sound system
    its got optical in for my xbox and plays divx/mp3's

It cost just over £200

Will post if its any good

4. tightjock

tightjock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys thanks for the info just to let you know i found a shop in glasgow thats selling sony dav- sc5 for £170. they seem to be older systems but had respectable reviews ,should i look for somthing with an active sud woofer as kids want to use as stero also

5. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Same here, I need a surround all in one with optical in for my PS2. I have found a sony DAV-SA30 for £250, everything I need, except I have recently found what optical is used for, so now I need a surround that has optical in for my PS2. I am willing to spend up to £250, but If you lot know anything up to £300, please tell me. If anyone knows any good surround without Optical but with pro logic 2, also please tell me. Any help will be appriciated.

6. Spriteman

Spriteman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the £200 mark you could consider the Toshiba SD-43HK. It's £200 direct from Toshiba which is cheaper than many shops online. It has both optical in and DPL2. Check for reviews in the usual places.
    --

7. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    acoustic solutions do all in ones for under £200 up to 200w total out with AC3 and pro logic decoders included and and are very acceptable for most small to medium room set ups...you can certainly get it loud enough to really annoy the neoghbours without loss of sound quality.

8. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen the Toshiba SD-44HK, is there a difference? Its at Tesco. And about the acoustic solutions, what is better between that and the JVC THA75R? I have read a review on the JVC in home cinema choice, and it seems pretty good. I have found it for £215 at -- http://www.electrical-shopping.com/shop/viewproduct.asp?SKU=481 -- . Does anyone know if this shop is real, or is it a fruad thing? I have found that this item is more than half price, so I am quite worrried about buying from there. Thanks

9. Spriteman

Spriteman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, the SD-44HK is different from the 43. You can compare the specs on the toshiba website but I'm stuffed if I can see much of a difference. Any takers?
    --

10. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    Can't comment on the JVC having not used it but the acoustic solutions DS1033 I have used and know that its very good fro the money http://www.acousticsolutions.net/product.asp?ID=56 only word of advice...beware of buying from Net electrics who sell these ex-demo at about half price....I had 2 from them and both were faulty.

11. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doesent it come with a dvd player (The acoustics DS 1033)? My old dvd player does not play svcd or dvd-/+R/RW, so I want to get one that does. Just realised this. Thanks.

12. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    no dvd just sub woofer and amp in one box plus 1 centre speaker and 4 sats..it has one optical input, one one digital coaxial and one stereo input.

13. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ohhh........too bad, looked like a good system, and sounded good too... I would get it, but I need a dvd player with it, really wanted it, beautiful and cheap. Anyway, thanks for your info, really appreiciate it.

14. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, does anyone know if the sony dav-sb200, the sony dav-sa30 and the panasonic(Or panny) SCHT-500 has optical ins?