1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All in one TV and DOLBY DIGITAL solution

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by chessman, Jun 23, 2004.

1. chessman

chessman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for some additional suggestions or advice. I want to buy a 32" TV with Dolby Digital built in. I currently have a great Stereo system setup so the last thing I want to do is add another component and purchase more speakers. I'm just looking to get a decent sound and do not expect it to match a seperate DD amp.

So far I have looked at the Panasonic TX-32PS5 (£678) and the Toshiba 32ZP38 ( £884). The intention is to just pull out the rear speakers when watching DVDs but otherwise store them behind the TV.

From what I have read these are both good choices but not exactly the latest products on the market. Are there any other choices I should be considering ?

Any advice is appreciated. Am looking to make the purchase in the next couple of days.

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Why not just buy a processor and integrate it with your existing amp and speakers ?

3. crooksm

crooksm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Loewe Aconda 9581 - you will need active speakers with this set up though. I'm guessing your existing speakers are not active and so this'll be a fairly expensive route...

4. chessman

chessman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all I don't really want to open up Pandora's box to the process of selecting a DD amp, rear speakers (hmm try matching them with Quad 11Ls), wiring, stands/brackets, etc.

For once I'm just looking for the easy solution and as my needs are pretty basic I thought I'd take the route of least resistance. Yeah I know that I could get a better solution for the same money but thats not my priority this time.

I'm probably one of the few so it looks like its case of tossing a coin between the Toshiba and the Panasonic. I really don't know if their DD offerings are much better that the normal nicam or DD Virtual which seem to be more popular.