All in one to replace a mixed bag - advice please!

B

Bombcircle

Hi all. Hope I'm not going over old ground here, but my cinema sound system has grown up over time and seems very bulky and messy. Due to a house move I need to physically seperate the HIFI from surround sound and thought I'd replace the seperates with an all in one wth bespoke dvd / amp and speakers. But I don't know if I'm best to do that or get more seperates!

Here's what I have:
Arcam Alpha 8 amp (will go with the HIFI)
Yamaha DSP E800 processor
Denon DVD 1000
Kef Q35 front speakers (HIFI)
Kef Coda Centre speaker
(Old) Wharfedale rear speakers

I figure if I go all in one I might send up to £300, but wondered if I might notice a significant change in performance - either for the better or worse - with a dedicated av amp and speaker set.

I'm so confused!

Grateful for any help.

imo it will be worse than a seperate setup but thats my opinion

edit: let me tell you my experience. i had a pioneer AIO a few years ago and it was my first home cinema setup. i thought it was the best thing ive seen/heard in my life. after getting well into the scene i went for seperates and was blown away even mor so that my first system. it was like a 1000x increase in performance and quality. now due to moving, smaller room and money i sold my seperates and got an all in one again. :thumbsdow it was nothing compared to my moderate seperates setup. again now i dont really know what the brand new AIO's are like atm but thats just my 2p. have a demo of some of the latest gear and find out :lesson:

Thanks for the info, appreciate your perspective - maybe I need to go for a cheap AIO until I can save the cash for seperates - I figure by the time I get an amp/processor and new speakers - + a new player as I don't really rate the Denon - I could be shelling out quite a lot.

Any others got any ideas or suggestions?

I've just posted a comment to another thread about the Klegg M6. A little over £100 will keep you ticking over quite nicely till you've got the cash for an expensive separates set-up.

Zigster

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom