All in one systems with power

Or perhaps not correct, it depends on how the amplifier pot meter is designed.

The 8 last records i listen to on tidal
2022-06-21 13_02_14-TIDAL.jpg

The first 14 tracks i have on my music

2022-06-21 13_02_58-TIDAL.jpg

Last edited:
I am going to listen to some if this songs to see...

There are used Marantz PM7200 on the market. I believe you well like this amplifier.

It is one of the warmest Marantz amplifiers you well find, before they changed their voicing with the PM11 series. This trickled down to more cheaper version also.

Not that Marantz amplifier usually sounds laidback/warm they are more neutral now.

Arcam A80 is quite warm sounding too. It has very little gain in the volume control though. Which is annoying. I prefer analog pot meters vs digital ones.
Only rated at 8ohm as the lowest
s-l1600-6[1].jpg

I must admit I don’t understand what you mean. I’ve tried several speakers with this amplifier.

Speakers which dip into 4 ohm territory. It has 95 watts. I have not had any issues as I said.

Speakers ohm changes depending on frequency of the speaker, it is not always 8 ohm etc. Can be as high 16 ohm, from my reading online.

Your best bet is an active subwoofer or better speakers. Or new amplifier with more power.

Aren’t the speakers 88 dB or 86 dB. Or 85 DB? One meter listing distance? For 87 dB-86 db it should not be any issue with 50 watts amplifier. Around 3-4 meters, you need an amplifier around 100 watts. By that I mean 85 dB. 100 watts 3-4 meters,

Several people have pointed this plenty times.

Long shot-used Rega Brio? Or used Roksan Kandy?

I sit 2-5 meters from speakers. 90 dB sensitivity. Amplifier is 70 watt, I probably only use 5 watts in dynamics peaks (loud volume), then around 1 watt (low volume).

I of course don’t use an amplifier around 10 watts, you need an amplifier which can handle speakers driver etc. so 70 watts is more then enough for me.

My old Dali Oberon 5 needs an amplifier around 50 watts (with headroom). Could easily drive them with 30 watts also. But it is always better to have more powerful amplifier.

I must admit I am not an expert on this theme like many others members are, still I think need to audition the correct amplifier etc for you.

You are to spec oriented. Listen with your ears.

I just pointed out marantz say min 8 ohm they even don't specify power in 4 ohm, my speaker go down to 4.1 ohm
2022-06-21 18_02_55-MODEL PM7200 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS - Marantz PM7200 manual – Google Chr...jpg

I sit 2-5 meters from speakers. 90 dB sensitivity. Amplifier is 70 watt, I probably only use 5 watts in dynamics peaks (loud volume), then around 1 watt (low volume).

I of course don’t use an amplifier around 10 watts, you need an amplifier which can handle speakers driver etc. so 70 watts is more then enough for me.

My old Dali Oberon 5 needs an amplifier around 50 watts (with headroom). Could easily drive them with 30 watts also. But it is always better to have more powerful amplifier.

I must admit I am not an expert on this theme like many others members are, still I think need to audition the correct amplifier etc for you.
You for shure dont use only 5 watt if you play bass heavy music, it's not about having 100 watt pr channel in 8 ohm but having a little more than you need, although alot more isn't a bad thing, you just wouldn't use it = super clean power,sound.

How much power your amp has doesn't say how tight, punchy, dynamic the bass would be, for the bass to be loud you need alot of power and often more than 30-40 watt rms, unless it's a very dynamic nad amp

Last edited:
I am done arguing with you. Do you really think Klipsch speakers which has sensitivity around 95 dB needs to use 50 watt!?

It seems to me you need an amplifier which can have volume as 110 dB. Then good luck. Probably need pre amplifier, power amplifier then. Or the Hegel H 590,

Yes, I know more powerful amplifier is better, that is not point.

I just don’t understand your obsession with watts? Get an amplifier which suits speakers, period.

Btw, the Denon 600 NE is fantastic album for the price. Also I think you are trolling.

Yes, it is to care about sound. I do too. Still...

I think my next amp is gonna be an audiolab 6000a

2022-06-22 09_23_47-6000A Integrated Amplifier From Audiolab - The Audiophile Man – Google Chr...jpg

Do a search on Avforums for the Audiolab 6000a - quite a few members have reported various problems with the amp

oh :(

I like paul's comment

The overall presentation from the Audiolab 6000A was balanced and balanced means you get to hear some bass. This is not always the case for mid-placed budget equipment. Bass is often sacrificed or at least trimmed to some extent. Even the best sub-£1,000 amplifiers out there love to trim bass. It’s a cost issue. That doesn’t happen with the 6000A.

It never actually falls down. It never leaves you feeling, “Wow, it does this and this amazingly well but I wish it didn’t do that…” You won’t give that response to a 6000A listening session.

In short, the 6000A provides the perfect balance of performance to a build budget. It’s the perfect compromise. Every part of the sound envelope has been looked at and enhanced to the point when the money ran out. Then Audiolab stopped at that point.

Some hi-fi components do one thing very well and if you’re looking at a budget component that can often be a fascinating experience because build budgets often preclude a generally good performance. The 6000A is one of those pieces of kit that does its best to do everything very well indeed.

It's for sale atm for a very good price, in uk £649 at richersound, germany hiifisound €809

In denmark £486 or €565

It is not a good price if it has issues - reviewers can only give a small snapshot on an amps performance and reliability. That is why forums such as these are better as you get real world reports from those that own the kit and their long term experiences with it. Your money, your choice

compared to what prices is in uk and germany it's not bad on a comparison site i found it for €647 still not as low as in Denmark with 3 years warranty

Oh, sorry for my harsh reply then, regarding the Marantz amplifier. Anyway I’ve used speakers between 8-4 ohm with this amplifier.

Also ohm varies with the speaker frequency. I don’t believe then your speaker is constantly 4.1 ohm. It could be they are. Not familiar with this speakers.

Have you thought about putting up two absorbing panels behind each speaker?

Minidsp eq. I know many have pointed this out before. Still isn’t it worth try?

What is neutral for you is not necessarily neutral for me. I believe eq might give staggering differences vs the sound you have know.

Reviews are often just “reviews”.

Also you keep buying amplifiers around 600 euros, why not double this to 1200-1400 euros.

Price don’t necessarily mean better. In your case it might.

And why don’t do like eq?

It is not wise to be an audiophile, rather be music lover.

Im not gonna buy such an expensive amp for only a pair of mission lx 3 MK II, might give better sound buying an audiolab 6000a + better speakers than a 1200-1400 euro amp for my mission lx 3's

Personally im a budget guy and love the experience that paul rigby has about the audiolab 6000a's bass and that he thinks the amp doesn't let you sit back with something it does really good and something that could have been better i like.

Atm i can get a cambridge audio CXA 60 for 337 euros, i know it sounds good but might not have the samme good bass the audiolab 6000a has

Eq,tone controls i think in most cases don't sound good enough, bass is 100hz and really don't offer any usefull extra bass, high mights be okay even when it's at 10khz, i just perfer the sound to be good without having to use tone controls, my speakers can play decent bass and highs if the song,amp allows it to, it just needs a little weight to the bass, which my amp don't quite have

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter if you have an amplifier which cost more money then the speakers. You might get a better sound with a more expensive amplifier.

Approx 400 euro then 500 euro for two amplifiers each year equals 1000 euro, then if you save 200 euros more you then can buy your dream amplifier.

Just my 2 cents.

Without hearing the amplifier (have you?). It is not wise to buy it. I sincerely do not believe you well enjoy the sound. Am not trying to offend you, just trying to help. Cambridge has reputation for being too neutral.

If you want more bass, then you to get the Marantz PM8006, Denon 1600NE. I know everyone has to prioritize if it is wise to buy an amplifier at the current time.

Also some amplifiers design the volume control differently. Some have very little gain, meaning you need to crank the volume very loud to get a full bass.

PM8006, Denon 1700NE. With this amplifiers you don’t need need to crank up the volume. I had the RA1572MK2. This amplifier needs to have volume as loud as 50 before it starts to rock. If you listen to the onboard around 40. Yes, this is loud. I measured it, around 60 dB, 70 db depending on the recording.

But the amplifiers I mentioned has more loudness to the sound. If I adjust the volume to 8 o’clock the speakers shines. The bass has impact. It is a warm, deep bass. Same with the midrange. Treble is never harsh.

You claim you want fuller bass. This amplifiers I believe are the best options. Also Denon 6000NE, which @robdmarsh has. If I am not mistaken.

You of course know this, but saving up 100 euros for 6-8 months. Then you have 800 euro. Then, we’ll you know the drill.

Do you know the Cambridge amplifier sounds good, or just read online reviews?

Btw, my amplifier has excellent tone controls. I don’t loose any headroom, nuances if I adjust them according to my taste.

I also notice you write “if the recording has more bass”. This is the biggest mistake you can do.

This means you probably only listen to really well recording albums. Yes, do too. However I like to listen to all kind of music, therefore if the amplifier doesn’t suit the speakers, source. I don’t buy the hifi eq.

I know it is review, however this guy knows what he’s talking about.

I thought i looked at the Denon pma, they lack some dynamic and bass, overall theres to much cons

I haven’t watched this video, but if you base this amplifier what he’s says, then it is not wise.

It he’s own opinion, and sometimes I don’t agree with him at all. He has some good points, and knows how to review amplifiers etc. Sometimes that is...

Without hearing the amplifier (have you?). It is not wise to buy it. I sincerely do not believe you well enjoy the sound. Am not trying to offend you, just trying to help. Cambridge has reputation for being too neutral.

If you want more bass, then you to get the Marantz PM8006, Denon 1600NE. I know everyone has to prioritize if it is wise to buy an amplifier at the current time.

Also some amplifiers design the volume control differently. Some have very little gain, meaning you need to crank the volume very loud to get a full bass.

PM8006, Denon 1700NE. With this amplifiers you don’t need need to crank up the volume. I had the RA1572MK2. This amplifier needs to have volume as loud as 50 before it starts to rock. If you listen to the onboard around 40. Yes, this is loud. I measured it, around 60 dB, 70 db depending on the recording.

But the amplifiers I mentioned has more loudness to the sound. If I adjust the volume to 8 o’clock the speakers shines. The bass has impact. It is a warm, deep bass. Same with the midrange. Treble is never harsh.

You claim you want fuller bass. This amplifiers I believe are the best options. Also Denon 6000NE, which @robdmarsh has. If I am not mistaken.

You of course know this, but saving up 100 euros for 6-8 months. Then you have 800 euro. Then, we’ll you know the drill.

Without hearing the amplifier (have you?) I will responde to that later

Denon PMA 1600NE is out of my price rang it's new (discontinued) 2099 euros, the new Denon 1700NE is 2000 euros

Marantz PM8005 can't play bass like nad or mabye audiolab 6000a, is it much better than the PM6007 ? (atm a Marantz pm6007 is more expensive than the audiolab 6000a). I know you wrote PMA 8006

Andrew Robinson 8.01 in the video he talks about the bass, i don't want that kind of bass

The audiolab 6000a cost less than 100 euro more than the Denon PMA-600NE and i think it's the suprior amp

You claim you want fuller bass

Some amps might sound to controlled in the bass, some do to high damping fatcor som amps do to something else, the bass from my yamaha amp is not in the nad league, it might be to polite or not dynamic enough, it's lacking something even when it can make the woofer move alot, my speakers just needs a more punchy or dynamic amp (bass) .

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom