All-in-one system with HDMI?

Can anyone tell me if the fan is annoyingly loud. I've got one of the older ht-120 (at least I think that was what it is called) and the fan is very annoying. You can hear it at normal levels nevermind when there's little or no sound. It really detracts from viewing.

Thanks

Just spoken to Waratah and been told Samsung decided not to bring HT P70 to UK. :(

Phoned up Samsung and told them above was strange considering the HT P70R was the first all-in-one system on their website so where could I buy it - after being told to go to Currys website (who also don't have it) and that their system was down today I was put on hold then cut off.

Shame, this looked like an (almost) ideal system.

Chris

I am looking to get an all-in-one system to replace my current sony amp and dvd,

would like one with HDMI output
DD,DTS etc
it would be better if it had the option of coming without speakers as I already have a set of speakers.
inputs for ps2,sky+ etc

the reason for the change is to allow the system to be more user friendly as currently i am using the dvd player to play cds, which the way it is connected at the moment(scart) it turns the tv on everytime i want to play a cd, which is not ideal. So would alos consider seperate amp and dvd if its easy to use.

thanks

RSMORRIS said:
I wonder when this system will be available in the UK?

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...tems&ProductSKU=DAVFX100W&TabName=specs&var2=

Wireless speakers and HDMI!

Now thats exactly what I'm looking for, I'm buying a Sony Bravia V 32'' or 40'' next week and I want a new all-in-one theater to go with it. I've always been a loyal and satisfied Sony customer but they've got nothing with a HDMI output and DVD upscaling in an all-in-one at the moment on this side of the pond. It really bugs me how we Europeans have to wait a little longer for everything. I may be forced to break my loyal Sony bond. :rolleyes:

You can read the CNET review for the DAV-FX100W here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_DAV-FX100W/4505-6740_7-31422198.html

Got an e-mail response from Samsung:

With reference to your email regarding the HT-P70R, at present this
model is not available,however it should be released within the next
few months.

Just have to wait then, plus maybe then there'll be some more competition (like the sony above).

Chris

Hmm well i would then just order the Samsung HT-P70N from pixmania. As already stated i received a HT-p70 (no doubt about it, as it says so on the manual and the box etc) despite it´s called HT-P70n on the pixmania website. If you take a look on the danish pixmania site theres also a review from another fellow dane who also has received a HT-p70 with HDMI etc.
So i cant really see what the problem is - in case you should get extremely unlucky and get a non HDMI unit - you have a 14 days money back gurantee, so whats the big deal, if you buy from waratah or pixmania?
I believe thats your only chance to get one of these units ATM as no official samsungs dealers have one or even a clue on when they will get released here in Denmark.

Just my 2 cents:)

I ordered the HT-P70 from Pixmania. It is now 7 days and no sign of it. They took the money out of my account the next day. Spent 31 mins on the phone yesterday trying to get through and another 25 mins today.

Needless to say I have cancelled my order and am staying well clear of Pixmania! There customer service team is pants...

Yeah i must admit their customer support isnt really up for the job. But luckily so-far i havent had any problems with any of the stuff i bought from pixmania (Pentax Optio S4i, Samsung LE-32R51b and the HT-P70).

Impermanence said:
Now thats exactly what I'm looking for, I'm buying a Sony Bravia V 32'' or 40'' next week and I want a new all-in-one theater to go with it. I've always been a loyal and satisfied Sony customer but they've got nothing with a HDMI output and DVD upscaling in an all-in-one at the moment on this side of the pond. It really bugs me how we Europeans have to wait a little longer for everything. I may be forced to break my loyal Sony bond. :rolleyes:

You can read the CNET review for the DAV-FX100W here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_DAV-FX100W/4505-6740_7-31422198.html

Love to know when that is coming out here too - looks fantastic.

jayboro said:
I ordered the HT-P70 from Pixmania. It is now 7 days and no sign of it. They took the money out of my account the next day. Spent 31 mins on the phone yesterday trying to get through and another 25 mins today.

Needless to say I have cancelled my order and am staying well clear of Pixmania! There customer service team is pants...

jaybro - did this turn up yet? has it got the HDMI ouput? just put an order in with pix - already been pending for two days.....

The Samsung P70 looks like exactly what I'm after. However I play a lot of region 1 discs, so does anyone know if there's a multi region hack for this player?

Bought this system from Pixmania and thinks its pretty good value for money (not that I am an expert). Watched a dvd last night on it and its awesome!

They delivered within 3 days, apparently their delivery problems on this product are a thing of the pass.

I ordered mine from pixmania, waited 3weeks? well unhappy with those guys. However the its the bee's neez. its awsome, well happy with it.

Just to concur with a few of the above the posts - I received the HT-P70 (with HDMI) from pixmania and am also very pleased (connected to Samsung LE32R41b from Waratah). Not with pixmania mind you - terrible trouble initially with them, but they did deliver eventually, and the system is superb - although I wouldn't be an expert. The picture is so clear, and the 900w speakers are very impressive, with clear sound at very high volumes! For an all-in-one solution with HDMI at this price tag (404 euro) - and there aren't that many of them around - you really can't go wrong.

Oh, and to add to o27 - it is definitely a the HT-P70, with no 'n' or 'r' after it. Now all we need is the multiregion hack - does anyonw have any ideas? Would it be the same as the one given for the Samsung dvd hd950? If not, will trying it do anything bad and void the warranty...?!! You gonna give it a go, o27?!

With you on the Multi-Region hack, havent heard of one yet, hopefully with be available soon

would the HT-P70 work well with a infocus 4805 that I have just bought? i'm trying to find a home cinema and this sounds the business but I'm a bit of a muppet when it comes to this. I take it it would be better to use the HDMI connection rather than the component?

so are these available online anywhere other than Pixmania?

edit:ht-p70 that is

Pete - no only Pixmania in uk.

Am after the multiregion hack for this too, hopefully that would also enable the upscaling via component too..

I will try this when I get home, seems to work for all HT systems from Samsung:

1. Open tray and remove any disks in tray.
2. Close tray.
1. Switch Off Player and Unplug from mains wait 30 seconds (this clears RAM)
2. Reconnect to mains
3. Turn on player with remote.
4. Press ENTER on remote.
5. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9. Using keys on remote.if your player is already set to region 2
6. Press ENTER on remote.
7. Switch on power from remote.
8. Player is now Region Free.

I can confirm that the above hack works on the HT-P70

Recieved my p70 from pixmania this morning , have to admit was worried after reading some of the comments in this post but I didnt have a problem with them.

Edit , forgot to say the tray didnt open and close on the second enter press , the message "goodbye" pans along the display and then powers off. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom