All-in-one system with HDMI?

WorldChampionsGoo

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
:confused: looking to upgrade from pioneer 575A to all-in-one - i fancy the denon dht 550 - any idea if this has HDMI output? If not, is there a comparable all-in-one with HDMI output on the DVD player? I suppose I could change the DVD player - the all-in-one is the best bet for me due to space and budget restrictions.... cheers.

don't think there is a HDMI output all in one. Neither do i think that thre is a DVD standalone player that is ready to play HD disks.

There are dvd players that allow for a higher output of some sort for current DVD's.

Abbeygoo said:
:confused: looking to upgrade from pioneer 575A to all-in-one - i fancy the denon dht 550 - any idea if this has HDMI output? If not, is there a comparable all-in-one with HDMI output on the DVD player? I suppose I could change the DVD player - the all-in-one is the best bet for me due to space and budget restrictions.... cheers.

Abbeygoo,

Welcome to AV forums :clap:

With re to an HDMI output on an all-in-one system, I've had a look and cannot find one - the new Denon 2.1 (pseudo surround) system - see http://www.soundandvisiononline.com/moreinfo/index.asp?product_id=9814 - has one but I know that you'll really want rear speakers. How's about teaming the Denon DVD1920 (winner of best DVD in todays "What HIFI Sound and Vision" awards) - has HDMI output and is circa £200-£250; with the Denon DHT1356XP - see http://www.denon.co.uk/site/frames_...ppe_C=4&action=detail&Pid=258&main=prod&sub=1
- is basically the amp and speakers without the dvd player. I can't find a price anywhere for this so have posted a thread on : http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2058578#post2058578

Hope this helps. :smashin:

Matt

Attachments

• JeremyBeadle.jpg
    JeremyBeadle.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 79
got it thanks - jeremy

No problem Abbeygoo..... Matt :D

Found a Samsung HT-P70N at www.pixmania.com and HT-P70 at www.waratah.co.uk at 280£. Both should have HDMI, DCDi upscaling and much more. I´ve phoned Samsung support to make sure the HT-P70(N) also has HDMI, the supporter couldn´t explanin to me what the (N) stands for, but reassured me that both model have HDMI, so i guess i´m placing an order for the HT-P70N at pixmania, first thing next week.

HT-P70N:http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/112554/art/samsung/ht-p70n-home-cinema-syste.html

HT-P70:http://www.waratah.co.uk/acatalog/Waratah_Live_Home_Cinema_Systems_126.html

Don't know much about the P70 but I checked and it does have HDMI output. You can get full details in the manual - link on this page: http://***********/8v2ny

(sorry about the tinyurl but the full url is ridiculous)

dunamis

yeah that´s why i was thinking why no-one tried it out yet?

just received the Samsung HT-P70 ordered from pixmania.com (they call it HT-P70N, but on the box it got it clearly states HT-P70) and it has HDMI, Faroudja DCDi etc. So far i´m very very satisfied with the system. Think it´s extremely high value for 280£ dvd via hdmi looks stunning, sound is also ok but then again i have a tiny living room.

Can anyone else who has bought the samsung ht p70 tell me what its like. Sounds like a great bargain, but I am just wondering what the pq quality and sound are like.

#13 i´ve just got the HT-P70 (see the other thread in here) the PQ is IMO execellent via HDMI and scaled to 720p or 1080i and the Samsung package includes a nice fat HDMI cable

here's a review I've found, looks like a good system!

Pity that "review" seemed to have been written by a 12 year old with the IQ of an Amstrad product!

This sytem (Samsung HT-P1200) seems to be exactly what i'm looking for but it's strange that the magazines don't seem to have got hold of it yet especially as it has won that award. It is a European award so i guess it's possible that it hasn't actually been officially released here in the UK yet.

I'd also be grateful to hear more on this sytem from anyone, especially if it turns up in any of the UK wide retailer so i can check it out properly for myself.

I guess it's too early for the Samsung HT-P1200 to have featured in a UK magazine review yet, but it does appear to be available in the UK. Futurehome have it listed at £799 (incl. delivery) and indicate that they do have stock currently.

o27 said:
#13 i´ve just got the HT-P70 (see the other thread in here) the PQ is IMO execellent via HDMI and scaled to 720p or 1080i and the Samsung package includes a nice fat HDMI cable

i'm looking at ordering the ht-p70 frm pixmania, but it's listed as a ht-p70n... which has no hdmi. yet you were sent a p70, correct?

to make things even more confusing, now the samsung site has neither p70 nor p70n, but does have a p70r

aaargh

The "n" has not been confirmed as not having HDMI, Pixmania simply just haven't listed it from what I can tell.
Someone earlier in the thread did say they called Samsung who agreed that the "n" does have HDMI

Yes i called samsung (sweden/denmark) and they said that the "n" shouldnt matter. I went along and bought the HT-P70N listed on pixmania. The box i got last week clearly says "Samsung HT-P70" - Home Cinema System with HDMI etc.

So i would give it a go, otherwise you have your 14days money back gurantee

o27 - SELL it to me mate!

Cant really afford it but also I dont want a seperate (non scaling/non hdmi but prog scan at least) dvd player and (old, basic) all-in-one cluttering up my new setup.

Is it great? Is there anything else on the horizon?

MotiVater said:
The "n" has not been confirmed as not having HDMI, Pixmania simply just haven't listed it from what I can tell.
Someone earlier in the thread did say they called Samsung who agreed that the "n" does have HDMI

yers, but if you look at the pdf manual for the p70n, there's no mention of HDMI....

I would def. buy it at waratah then you´re absolutely certain to get what you pay for;-)
So far i´m more than happy with it.
Ceratinly you can get better performance by buying seperates, but for the price i seriously doubt you get a better deal ATM.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom