All in One System - Help :)

gavsim

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking for an all in one system with Dolby 5.1 DTS etc...with a decent set of speakers, I will be looking to hook my xbox up via the optical cable to achieve 5.1 - is this possible? I will be hooking this up to a 42" LG Plasma hopefully via component? I would also like to have progressive scan.

I will have a budget of about £400 - is this type of system achievable with my budget?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Gav

With that criteria you must know what everyones answer is likely to be....begins with D and ends in 500.

nathanhill69 said:
With that criteria you must know what everyones answer is likely to be....begins with D and ends in 500.

I am very new to this type of setup - will the Denon DHT500SD do everything - especially allow me to hook up xbox 5.1 via optical ?

Thanks again! :)

It has an optical input, progressive scan, DTS, Dolby and such like. Pretty sure the optical input is what you require for the X-Box.

Yes, there is no problem hooking the x-box up, you will be shot from all directions when playing Halo 2 and hear them creeping up behind you!

wicket said:
Yes, there is no problem hooking the x-box up, you will be shot from all directions when playing Halo 2 and hear them creeping up behind you!

Just what I like to hear! I have now orderd one after reading many reviews.... should be here Tuesday!! :)

please someone..its saturday night and i want to watch a dvd.. please tell me in words of one syallble how to connect my denon 500sd to my hitachi 42pd5200..i have bought componont leads today..but dont know where to stick them!! im condused by all the different threads that tell you to connect in different ways

can someone put it into idiot speak, i dont understand all this audio in/out stuff

:mad: cos ive spent my money and cant watch a film!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom