1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All in one speaker systems

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by RMCF, Oct 27, 2001.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    Thinking of buying one of those discrete speakers systems such as Sony DAV-S300, Pioneer NSDV55, Videologic Digitheatre etc. I already own a DVD so the former 2 would require me to sell it. Does anyone have any comments on these systems or indeed any of the speaker only packages? I see more and more appearing every month such as Haus. The size of the speakers must be small such as in the 1st two packages mentioned.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    There have been many comments on the Sony DAV-S300 and others of it's ilk in this forum in the past and none of them have been positive.

Whilst they may look nice the sound is not as good as separates available for the same cost, connectivity is a problem due to limited inputs / outputs, there is no RGB output so the best picture quality is not available and if you want to upgrade you have to junk the lot.

I haven't heard many of the small sub / sat speakers that you talk of so won't comment but better sound and value is out there.

Ian

3. Splimcity

Splimcity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Videologic DTS system and am very happy with it. There are compromises, but dependent on use, these may or may not matter:

The centre speaker housing the controls: LED's visible, plus different proportions and driver to other four satellites, plus connection to sub via flat cable can be awkward for positioning (unless you purchse extra length cable).

Only three inputs: Analogue (phono), Digital Coaxial and Digital Optical.

However, it does reach comparatively high volume levels (certainly suprised me!) with minimal distortion.

I would recommend this system (although I can not give reference to other systems you mention). It does good movies at a reasonable price! Give it an audition, I think you will be surprised!

Good luck!:)

4. fabryuk

fabryuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you thought about using kef 2005 or mission fs2av, both are 5 star products. Also for lower price range, there are many to choose form eg. Quadral etc, just get a what hi fi mag for review