1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All in one package - without DVD player...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by pork_balls, Dec 1, 2003.

1. pork_balls

pork_balls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am after an all-in-one package that contains speakers and amp, but no DVD player...

I'm very new to this AV lark... I have around 250-300 quid to spend...

I am quite happy with my DVD player, a wharfdale 750, but want to get 5.1 surround now. So I am after a speaker/amp package, nothing out of this world, within me budget.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
    Me.

2. bazwall

bazwall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi PB.
    I am looking for the same myself, don't know much about it myself,but I have seen the Yamaha AV 25 System on "Unbeatable" for around £230 inc', Comet have it for £299, if you go to Yamaha.co.uk you can see it there, RRP is around £330, (5630 rds receiver £199,+ ns100? speakers £129.) There is also a couple of Sony's, the HK 25T? and it's successor?, at around £200/250, have a look on "Pricerunner.com" if you hav'nt already.

3. pork_balls

pork_balls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the yamaha av25 system looks exactly wot i want. But i cant find any real specs on it.. like how many inputs it has etc? Would I be able to connect me DVD and ntl box to it??

Thanks,
    me.

4. pork_balls

pork_balls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    duh... never mind.... might actually help if i looked at the yamaha site properly! :)

Thanks,
    Me,

5. The_kUrGaN

The_kUrGaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Had one on order from unbeatable since 6th Nov but is out of stock. Latest from them is the are not expecting a delivery until "late December". Seems Yamaha are being a little stingy with their supplies.

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215